Off-network bids for Warner Bros.’ Big Bang Theory were due at 9 AM PT this morning. TBS, FX, USA have all submitted their offers along with Viacom, with smaller players also in the mix. The price is expected to hover around $1 million an episode, which was the record price tag for a sitcom cable sale fetched by Seinfeld in its first deal with TBS. Most observers expect the final fee to go north of $1 million, setting a new record. While all players are expected to be aggressive — FX already has Big Bang‘s companion Two And a Half Men, USA is looking to get into the half-hour comedy business — “it will be a shocker if TBS doesn’t land the show,” an insider said. Besides being in the Time Warner family, TBS has a great need for Big Bang, which it is hoping to use as a strong lead-in for the new Conan O’Brien talk show. For now, it appears that cable nets will share the show with broadcast stations. But it is theoretically possible that a cabler ponies up $2 million an episode for exclusive rights.
Syndication Bids In For 'Big Bang Theory'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why 'Roman J. Israel, Esq' Never Left The '60s Behind - The Contenders Video
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- Peter Baldwin Dies: ‘Mary Tyler Moore’, ‘Wonder Years’ Director Was 86
- Apple Investment In Original Video Will Reach $4.2 Billion By 2022: Report
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement