BBC America is venturing into original entertainment programming with a 10-episode order to a U.S. version of Come Dine With Me, a reality competition cooking show from ITV Studios. The show, about amateur chefs competing for the title of the ultimate dinner party, will also be broadcast internationally on BBC Worldwide’s channel brands. Additionally, BBC America has acquired the original U.K. version of Come Dine from ITV Studios, which will begin airing on July 7. BBC America has been producing a U.S.-based newscast for the past few years but its entertainment lineup consists mainly of reruns of British and U.S. series, including Dr. Who, Peep Show and Star Trek: The Next Generation. That will probably change as the channel seems to be stepping up original production. Last week, BBC America announced it will co-produce new high concept drama Outcasts.
BBC America Goes Original With 'Dine'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Nabs All-Time R-Rated Record Opening: $135M Over 3-Days, $150M+ 4-day - Sunday AM First Update
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Melissa McCarthy
- Video – Kanye West & Kyle Mooney’s Rap Duel: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood’s Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: ‘Saturday Night Live…
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Purity’ Drama Starring Daniel Craig From Scott Rudin Eyes Series Order
- GOP Debate Live Blog: And Then There Were Six