BBC America is venturing into original entertainment programming with a 10-episode order to a U.S. version of Come Dine With Me, a reality competition cooking show from ITV Studios. The show, about amateur chefs competing for the title of the ultimate dinner party, will also be broadcast internationally on BBC Worldwide’s channel brands. Additionally, BBC America has acquired the original U.K. version of Come Dine from ITV Studios, which will begin airing on July 7. BBC America has been producing a U.S.-based newscast for the past few years but its entertainment lineup consists mainly of reruns of British and U.S. series, including Dr. Who, Peep Show and Star Trek: The Next Generation. That will probably change as the channel seems to be stepping up original production. Last week, BBC America announced it will co-produce new high concept drama Outcasts.
BBC America Goes Original With 'Dine'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Sunday AM Update
'The Carmichael Show' Star On Tonight's Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby's Trial, Season 3 & "Big Picture" NBC
Latest TV News
- ‘Top Gear’ Averages 4.3 Million Viewers In Season Opener, Takes Social Media Hits
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Star On Tonight’s Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby’s Trial, Season 3 & “Big…
- TNT: NBA Western Conference Finals Game 6 Coverage A Ratings Slam Dunk
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Circus’ Is Apt Name For Showtime Docuseries Chronicling…