BBC America is venturing into original entertainment programming with a 10-episode order to a U.S. version of Come Dine With Me, a reality competition cooking show from ITV Studios. The show, about amateur chefs competing for the title of the ultimate dinner party, will also be broadcast internationally on BBC Worldwide’s channel brands. Additionally, BBC America has acquired the original U.K. version of Come Dine from ITV Studios, which will begin airing on July 7. BBC America has been producing a U.S.-based newscast for the past few years but its entertainment lineup consists mainly of reruns of British and U.S. series, including Dr. Who, Peep Show and Star Trek: The Next Generation. That will probably change as the channel seems to be stepping up original production. Last week, BBC America announced it will co-produce new high concept drama Outcasts.
BBC America Goes Original With 'Dine'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Andreeva
- Russian Spy Ring News Blends Into ‘The Americans’ & ‘Allegiance’ Marketing
- ‘Rush Hour’, Greg Garcia’s ‘Super Clyde’, Bill Wrubel Pilot Ordered By CBS
- Chevy Chase-Beverly D'Angelo Comedy, Shondaland Drama Among 4 ABC Pilot Orders
- TBS Deserted Island Comedy Pilot ‘Wrecked’ Sets Ensemble Cast
- Dana Klein Family Comedy Gets Fox Pilot Order