EXCLUSIVE: Just because Tim Burton is heading the jury at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival doesn’t mean business stops. I’m hearing that DreamWorks has just acquired the screen rights to Monsterpocalypse, and they are already making overtures to Burton to be the creative catalyst. Talks are early stage, and right now only game creator Matt Wilson is attached to be co-producer. Monsterpocalypse is a kaiju-themed collectible miniatures game. It’s a board game that involves battles against a variety of enemy monsters that take place in a metropolis filled with buildings. Interestingly, DreamWorks is also developing a film based on the Daniel H. Wilson robot attack novel Robopocalypse, which is being adapted by Cloverfield‘s Drew Goddard as a possible directing vehicle for Steven Spielberg. DreamWorks has several apocalyptic scenarios covered.
Are Tim Burton And DreamWorks Plotting Movie Version Of 'Monsterpocalypse?'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks