EXCLUSIVE: Just because Tim Burton is heading the jury at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival doesn’t mean business stops. I’m hearing that DreamWorks has just acquired the screen rights to Monsterpocalypse, and they are already making overtures to Burton to be the creative catalyst. Talks are early stage, and right now only game creator Matt Wilson is attached to be co-producer. Monsterpocalypse is a kaiju-themed collectible miniatures game. It’s a board game that involves battles against a variety of enemy monsters that take place in a metropolis filled with buildings. Interestingly, DreamWorks is also developing a film based on the Daniel H. Wilson robot attack novel Robopocalypse, which is being adapted by Cloverfield‘s Drew Goddard as a possible directing vehicle for Steven Spielberg. DreamWorks has several apocalyptic scenarios covered.
Are Tim Burton And DreamWorks Plotting Movie Version Of 'Monsterpocalypse?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest TV News
- America’s Mad About Harry & Meghan, Nearly 30M Watch Royal Wedding Live
- LeBron James-Led Rout By Cleveland Draws ESPN’s Second-Best NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game 3 Rating Ever
- Billboard Music Awards Reveals Non-Televised Award Winners
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Tick Up In Season Finale With Host Tina Fey
- ‘SNL’ Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs’ Questions, Yes-Ands In ‘Chicago Improv…
- Royal Wedding Ratings: 18M Watch Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Big Day In The UK