Who didn’t see that one coming? ABC’s midseason drama Happy Town is headed for a quick exit. The network will air the show’s third episode on Wednesday as planned, but will preempt it next week with Primetime: What Would You Do? which did solid numbers on Friday. Telecast of Transformers was already scheduled for the 26th, and then Happy Town will return on June 2 with the remaining five episodes. In its second airing last week, the mystery drama (1.2 rating/4 share among adults 18-49, 3.9 million viewers overall) dropped 29% in the 18-49 demo from its disappointing premiere.
'Happy Town' Pulled, Will Return in June
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55