Who didn’t see that one coming? ABC’s midseason drama Happy Town is headed for a quick exit. The network will air the show’s third episode on Wednesday as planned, but will preempt it next week with Primetime: What Would You Do? which did solid numbers on Friday. Telecast of Transformers was already scheduled for the 26th, and then Happy Town will return on June 2 with the remaining five episodes. In its second airing last week, the mystery drama (1.2 rating/4 share among adults 18-49, 3.9 million viewers overall) dropped 29% in the 18-49 demo from its disappointing premiere.
'Happy Town' Pulled, Will Return in June
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless