EXCLUSIVE: ABC’s drama pilot Edgar Floats is living up to its name, staying afloat despite missing the cut for a series order from the network this week. ABC has ordered six additional scripts from the project, from Warner Bros. TV and writer Rand Ravich. Edgar Floats stars Tom Cavanagh as a police psychologist who becomes a bounty hunter. Both Ravich’s script and the pilot directed by Jace Alexander received good marks but some suggested Edgar might be too quirky and character driven for broadcast and feels more like a cable series. There were even some rumblings that the pilot could be taken to USA Network if ABC passes. That, of course, is out of the question for now because ABC appears to be still very interested in the show.
ABC's 'Edgar Floats' Alive With Script Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
Latest TV News
- ‘Excessive Force,’ Carl Franklin To Direct With Ice Cube Starring, Is Latest On CubeVision Slate
- Sinclair Prepares To Sell 23 TV Stations In Search Of Tribune Deal OK
- WME Signs Anthony Byrne; ‘In Darkness’ Helmer Set For ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 5
- ‘The Path’ Canceled After 3 Seasons On Hulu
- Study Finds Diversity In Television On The Rise, But Not Representative Of American Population
- ‘Moonbase 8’ Comedy From Fred Armisen, Tim Heidecker, Jonathan Krisel & John C. Reilly In Works By A24