EXCLUSIVE: ABC’s drama pilot Edgar Floats is living up to its name, staying afloat despite missing the cut for a series order from the network this week. ABC has ordered six additional scripts from the project, from Warner Bros. TV and writer Rand Ravich. Edgar Floats stars Tom Cavanagh as a police psychologist who becomes a bounty hunter. Both Ravich’s script and the pilot directed by Jace Alexander received good marks but some suggested Edgar might be too quirky and character driven for broadcast and feels more like a cable series. There were even some rumblings that the pilot could be taken to USA Network if ABC passes. That, of course, is out of the question for now because ABC appears to be still very interested in the show.
ABC's 'Edgar Floats' Alive With Script Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book