EXCLUSIVE: ABC’s drama pilot Edgar Floats is living up to its name, staying afloat despite missing the cut for a series order from the network this week. ABC has ordered six additional scripts from the project, from Warner Bros. TV and writer Rand Ravich. Edgar Floats stars Tom Cavanagh as a police psychologist who becomes a bounty hunter. Both Ravich’s script and the pilot directed by Jace Alexander received good marks but some suggested Edgar might be too quirky and character driven for broadcast and feels more like a cable series. There were even some rumblings that the pilot could be taken to USA Network if ABC passes. That, of course, is out of the question for now because ABC appears to be still very interested in the show.
ABC's 'Edgar Floats' Alive With Script Order
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom