EXCLUSIVE: ABC’s drama pilot Edgar Floats is living up to its name, staying afloat despite missing the cut for a series order from the network this week. ABC has ordered six additional scripts from the project, from Warner Bros. TV and writer Rand Ravich. Edgar Floats stars Tom Cavanagh as a police psychologist who becomes a bounty hunter. Both Ravich’s script and the pilot directed by Jace Alexander received good marks but some suggested Edgar might be too quirky and character driven for broadcast and feels more like a cable series. There were even some rumblings that the pilot could be taken to USA Network if ABC passes. That, of course, is out of the question for now because ABC appears to be still very interested in the show.
ABC's 'Edgar Floats' Alive With Script Order
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race