EXCLUSIVE: ABC’s drama pilot Edgar Floats is living up to its name, staying afloat despite missing the cut for a series order from the network this week. ABC has ordered six additional scripts from the project, from Warner Bros. TV and writer Rand Ravich. Edgar Floats stars Tom Cavanagh as a police psychologist who becomes a bounty hunter. Both Ravich’s script and the pilot directed by Jace Alexander received good marks but some suggested Edgar might be too quirky and character driven for broadcast and feels more like a cable series. There were even some rumblings that the pilot could be taken to USA Network if ABC passes. That, of course, is out of the question for now because ABC appears to be still very interested in the show.
ABC's 'Edgar Floats' Alive With Script Order
What's Hot on Deadline
After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway's 'Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812'
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Patti Deutsch Dies: ‘Laugh-In’ And ‘Match Game’ Regular & Veteran Voice Actor Was 73
- Kathy Griffin Says She’s Been “Cleared” In Federal Probe Of Her Severed Trump Head Photo
- ‘Outlander’ Keeps Cast And Viewers On Their Time-Traveling Toes In Season 3 – TCA
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Sues Ex-Manager Over “Sham” Contract & Commissions
- ‘Manhunt: Unabomber’ Review: Sam Worthington & Paul Bettany Are Riveting
- ‘Howards End’ EP On How Starz Period Drama Is Relevant Today – TCA