Here’s some advice to the fanboys. Buy a hat, and hang the hell onto it for this news. A documentary is in the works involving Morgan Spurlock, Legendary Pictures chief Thomas Tull, superhero legend Stan Lee, Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon (who’ll direct Marvel’s The Avengers pic) and the randy redhead blogger Harry Knowles. They’ve teamed on Comic-Con Episode Four: A Fan’s Hope, a feature documentary that will follow seven people from around the world as they travel to the geek summit that is Comic-Con in San Diego. Spurlock will film the docu. He’s best known for directing Super Size Me and I fear he will discover that his cautionary tale about fast food consumption was lost on a hardcore fanboy crowd. But what you have to love about the Comic-Con faithful is the way they devour superhero and comic book movies, and always show up on opening weekend. Among the producers is Tull, who is using his money to carve his way to geek icon status. His Legendary Pictures developed street cred with fanboys by co-financing Superman Returns. Since then, he has co-financed Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, 300, and next up is the Christopher Nolan-directed Inception, which–I’m just going to say it–is the must see film of the summer.
A Veritable Geek Justice League Plans Comic-Con Feature Documentary
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April
- Jeremy Piven To Topline ‘Wisdom Of The Crowd’ CBS Drama Pilot
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…