Here’s some advice to the fanboys. Buy a hat, and hang the hell onto it for this news. A documentary is in the works involving Morgan Spurlock, Legendary Pictures chief Thomas Tull, superhero legend Stan Lee, Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon (who’ll direct Marvel’s The Avengers pic) and the randy redhead blogger Harry Knowles. They’ve teamed on Comic-Con Episode Four: A Fan’s Hope, a feature documentary that will follow seven people from around the world as they travel to the geek summit that is Comic-Con in San Diego. Spurlock will film the docu. He’s best known for directing Super Size Me and I fear he will discover that his cautionary tale about fast food consumption was lost on a hardcore fanboy crowd. But what you have to love about the Comic-Con faithful is the way they devour superhero and comic book movies, and always show up on opening weekend. Among the producers is Tull, who is using his money to carve his way to geek icon status. His Legendary Pictures developed street cred with fanboys by co-financing Superman Returns. Since then, he has co-financed Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, 300, and next up is the Christopher Nolan-directed Inception, which–I’m just going to say it–is the must see film of the summer.
A Veritable Geek Justice League Plans Comic-Con Feature Documentary
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"
- Donald Trump Recruits H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser