Here’s some advice to the fanboys. Buy a hat, and hang the hell onto it for this news. A documentary is in the works involving Morgan Spurlock, Legendary Pictures chief Thomas Tull, superhero legend Stan Lee, Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon (who’ll direct Marvel’s The Avengers pic) and the randy redhead blogger Harry Knowles. They’ve teamed on Comic-Con Episode Four: A Fan’s Hope, a feature documentary that will follow seven people from around the world as they travel to the geek summit that is Comic-Con in San Diego. Spurlock will film the docu. He’s best known for directing Super Size Me and I fear he will discover that his cautionary tale about fast food consumption was lost on a hardcore fanboy crowd. But what you have to love about the Comic-Con faithful is the way they devour superhero and comic book movies, and always show up on opening weekend. Among the producers is Tull, who is using his money to carve his way to geek icon status. His Legendary Pictures developed street cred with fanboys by co-financing Superman Returns. Since then, he has co-financed Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, 300, and next up is the Christopher Nolan-directed Inception, which–I’m just going to say it–is the must see film of the summer.
A Veritable Geek Justice League Plans Comic-Con Feature Documentary
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release