James Cameron’s Avatar retail sales (not including rental sales) have reached 19.7 million Blu-ray disc and DVDs combined worldwide by its third week in release, according to 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. (By comparison, The Dark Knight sold approximately 16 million units worldwide on Blu-ray and DVD combined in its 3rd week.) Internationally, Avatar displaces Harry Potter 5 as the biggest selling title since the launch of DVD. Meanwhile, its Blu-ray disc sales are at 6.2 million – – more than double the industry standard for the high definition format. Avatar is now the biggest Blu-ray release of all time worldwide with no sign of slowing down.
19.7 Million 'Avatar' Blu-ray & DVDs Sold
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison