James Cameron’s Avatar retail sales (not including rental sales) have reached 19.7 million Blu-ray disc and DVDs combined worldwide by its third week in release, according to 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment. (By comparison, The Dark Knight sold approximately 16 million units worldwide on Blu-ray and DVD combined in its 3rd week.) Internationally, Avatar displaces Harry Potter 5 as the biggest selling title since the launch of DVD. Meanwhile, its Blu-ray disc sales are at 6.2 million – – more than double the industry standard for the high definition format. Avatar is now the biggest Blu-ray release of all time worldwide with no sign of slowing down.
19.7 Million 'Avatar' Blu-ray & DVDs Sold
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Limited Series Or Movie
- ‘Weekend Update’ Ratings Steady, ‘Beat Shazam’ Up & ‘Big Brother’ Tops Night
- Bruce Forsyth Dies: Brit TV Legend Who “Delighted Millions” Was 89
- DJ Nash Sells 2 Projects With Kapital Entertainment: Dramedy To ABC As Put Pilot, Comedy To CBS
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ITV Plans Build Mini-Theme Park In London