EXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: Nice coup for WME given that Peter Chernin, the former News Corp No. 2, is not only one of Hollywood smartest players but also has one of Hollywood’s busiest banners. Though I’ve now confirmed that Fox-based Chernin Entertainment is letting WME Entertainment rep only its TV business, which is run by former NBU honcho Katherine Pope. But that’s some TV biz since Chernin when he left News Corp savvily negotiated a helluva retirement package that called for put TV and film projects. WME advised on the Chernin deal when Pope landed there. And WME packaged all 4 of their pilots (Breakout Kings, Terra Nova, Pleading Guilty, and the Jonah Hill Animated Show). Say what you will (and you will), but WME’s TV department has some serious heat right now.
WME Signs Peter Chernin's TV Production
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series