Like, duh. I’ve already reported that. Now MediaDailyNews analyzed Nielsen figures, and the Variety Online Group has seen page views drop more than 40%, and unique visitors fall 18% after implementing its online pay wall since December. During that month (when 9 days were free) page views for the Variety Online Group were 3.2 million, falling to 1.9 million this March. For unique visitors, 745,000 were counted in December, but 609,000 in March. To be fair, Variety bosses anticipated this traffic drop even though page views and unique visits are key to determining ad revenues. However, MediaDailyNews suggestedVariety may charge higher ad rates.
Variety Online Pay Wall = Lower Traffic
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016