Like, duh. I’ve already reported that. Now MediaDailyNews analyzed Nielsen figures, and the Variety Online Group has seen page views drop more than 40%, and unique visitors fall 18% after implementing its online pay wall since December. During that month (when 9 days were free) page views for the Variety Online Group were 3.2 million, falling to 1.9 million this March. For unique visitors, 745,000 were counted in December, but 609,000 in March. To be fair, Variety bosses anticipated this traffic drop even though page views and unique visits are key to determining ad revenues. However, MediaDailyNews suggestedVariety may charge higher ad rates.
Variety Online Pay Wall = Lower Traffic
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- CBS Gives ‘S.W.A.T’ Full-Season Order, Picks Up 3 More Episodes Of ‘9JKL’, No Decision Yet On ‘Wisdom Of the Crowd…
- ‘Dietland’ Casts Ricardo Davila As Regular; Dale Whibley Joins ‘Ice’
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’