CAA and WME are not the only Hollywood agencies axing minority assistants. On Friday afternoon, UTA fired Katrina Lopez because of an online blog she was accused of writing called “Confessions of a Hollywood Serial Dater”. Sources claim she never mentioned her workplace, nor UTA, nor the name of any other employee in the blog. But a UTA exec tells me she “chronicled personal details of a UTA employee she was dating” and she “violated numerous company policies as well as the spirit of UTA’s work environment, so she was dismissed. End of story. UTA has zero tolerance for this kind of behavior.” My sources say she is exploring legal action.
UTA Fires Blog-Writing Minority Assistant
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations