Looks like Todd Phillips and Joel Silver were serious about their intention to populate their under-the-radar Warner Bros comedy Project X with a cast of unknowns. They’ve set up the website www.projectxopencall.com, looking for 18-ish actors to submit taped auditions for a raunchy $12 million budget comedy that will be helmed by British video/commercials director Nima Nourizadeh, with Phillips producing and Silver executive producer. As a director, Phillips has helped create stars with comedies like The Hangover, Old School and Road Trip, but there, he gave a showcase to established actors who needed a nudge. I will still be amazed if he and Silver have the stones to cast complete unknowns for the lead roles of a studio comedy. Phillips’ Green Hat Films and Silver Pictures execs have been developing a script last fall, written by Matt Drake from a treatment by Michael Bacall.
Todd Phillips Starts 'Project X' Cast Quest
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset