Looks like Todd Phillips and Joel Silver were serious about their intention to populate their under-the-radar Warner Bros comedy Project X with a cast of unknowns. They’ve set up the website www.projectxopencall.com, looking for 18-ish actors to submit taped auditions for a raunchy $12 million budget comedy that will be helmed by British video/commercials director Nima Nourizadeh, with Phillips producing and Silver executive producer. As a director, Phillips has helped create stars with comedies like The Hangover, Old School and Road Trip, but there, he gave a showcase to established actors who needed a nudge. I will still be amazed if he and Silver have the stones to cast complete unknowns for the lead roles of a studio comedy. Phillips’ Green Hat Films and Silver Pictures execs have been developing a script last fall, written by Matt Drake from a treatment by Michael Bacall.
Todd Phillips Starts 'Project X' Cast Quest
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?