There has been only one ratings direction on Sunday night lately — down — as the night is quickly losing its status as one of the most watched on broadcast television. ABC’s top dramedy Desperate Housewives (3.3 rating/8 share in 18-49, 10.4 million viewers) returned to originals after a month-long hiatus to a new series low in adults 18-49, with its companion Brothers & Sisters (2.2/6, 7.9 million) similarly hitting an all-time low in the demo. NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice (2.6/7, 6.9 million) matched the show’s series low 18-49 rating from last week. CBS won the night with the Academy of Country Music Awards (3.2/8, 13.1 million), which was, yes, you guessed it, down from last year (by 16%).
RATINGS RAT RACE: New Series Lows For 'Desperate Housewives' 'Brothers & Sisters'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Brian Kilmeade Whines Jimmy Kimmel "Attacked Me" After Being Called "Phony Little Creep" In Health Care Fracas
'America's Got Talent' Finale Ratings Hit 6-Year High, 'MasterChef' Down From 2016, 'Big Brother' Up
Latest TV News
- Rock Paper Scissors Taps Thunder Road’s Kent Kubena As EVP Film & TV Development
- ‘Riverdale’ Production Continues Despite K.J. Apa Car Crash
- ‘My Dead Ex’ Sets Cast As Production Begins On AwesomenessTV Series
- ‘S.W.A.T.’: David Lim Upped To Series Regular Ahead Of Season 1 Premiere
- 'A Christmas Story': Matthew Broderick Set As Narrator Of Fox’s Live Production
- Fox News Channel Launching ‘Fox News @ Night’ At 11 PM, Anchored By Shannon Bream