SUNDAY PM: Rival studios are chortling to me tonight how the “Fox forecast was way way off” of $7.1M for Date Night‘s Sunday take — and how Warner Bros’ Clash Of The Titans was “easily” #1 money-wise by more than a million. According to early box office results for today, it looks like Clash Of the Titans took in $7.5M Sunday for a $27M weekend total whereas Date Night made $5.6M Sunday for a $25.5M weekend total. Uh, that’s no photo finish; that’s a $1.5M lead — thanks to higher 3D ticket prices and almost 500 more play dates.
Sunday Decides It; 3D 'Clash Of The Titans' #1 For 2nd Straight Week; 'Date Night' #2
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Review: ‘Anastasia’ Brings An Animated Russian Heroine To Stage Life
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Over Five Newcomers With $38.4M; Second Frame Down 61% – Final B.O.
- Dames Deliver At Broadway Box Office – ‘Dolly!’ $1.45M, ‘War Paint’ $1M, ‘Sunset’ $1.15M
- ‘Rebecca’ Trial Pulls Spotlight From Broadway’s Frenzied Final Week Of Tony Openings
- Broadway Review: Warner Bros Bets On ‘Charlie And The Chocolate Factory’ Redo
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…