SUNDAY PM: Rival studios are chortling to me tonight how the “Fox forecast was way way off” of $7.1M for Date Night‘s Sunday take — and how Warner Bros’ Clash Of The Titans was “easily” #1 money-wise by more than a million. According to early box office results for today, it looks like Clash Of the Titans took in $7.5M Sunday for a $27M weekend total whereas Date Night made $5.6M Sunday for a $25.5M weekend total. Uh, that’s no photo finish; that’s a $1.5M lead — thanks to higher 3D ticket prices and almost 500 more play dates.
Sunday Decides It; 3D 'Clash Of The Titans' #1 For 2nd Straight Week; 'Date Night' #2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth…
- ‘Dunkirk’ Logs Two-Day Cume Of $8.6M After Solid $2.2M Start – Int’l Box Office
- ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Mother!’ Move Up; ‘Cloverfield’ Stomps To February – Paramount Release…
- Jenny Slate Dials Up 'Landline'; Music Box Calls 'The Midwife' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Toronto’s Superb Soulpepper Troupe Beats ‘Hamilton’ At The Freebie Game
- ‘It’, ‘The Nun’ & ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Scare San Diego As New Line Kicks…