SUNDAY PM: Rival studios are chortling to me tonight how the “Fox forecast was way way off” of $7.1M for Date Night‘s Sunday take — and how Warner Bros’ Clash Of The Titans was “easily” #1 money-wise by more than a million. According to early box office results for today, it looks like Clash Of the Titans took in $7.5M Sunday for a $27M weekend total whereas Date Night made $5.6M Sunday for a $25.5M weekend total. Uh, that’s no photo finish; that’s a $1.5M lead — thanks to higher 3D ticket prices and almost 500 more play dates.
Sunday Decides It; 3D 'Clash Of The Titans' #1 For 2nd Straight Week; 'Date Night' #2
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Latest Box Office News
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- More Films Are Now Released Than Rated: Just A Blip, Or Digital Disruption?
- ‘Dolly!’ Looks Delish At $1.7M As B.O. Takes Off – But Broadway Attendance Dips
- As Exhibitors Fret Over Studios’ Push To Crush Windows, Here's The Sobering Reality About PVOD – CinemaCon
- Broadway Interest Piqued As Former NY Times Drama Critic Charles Isherwood Heads To Web
- Broadway Review: In ‘Sweat’, Trump’s Pipe Dream Deferred; ‘Dear Evan Hansen’