Universal Pictures has hired Nick Stoller to rewrite Stretch Armstrong and Rob Letterman to direct it. They teamed on Gulliver’s Travels and Letterman directed Monsters Vs. Aliens. Taylor Lautner stars, but no start date yet. Imagine’s Brian Grazer is producing with Hasbro’s Bennett Schneir, with Kim Roth exec producing. Steve Oedekerk wrote the original draft. Stoller’s recent efforts at Universal includes directing Forgetting Sarah Marshall and script work on Get Him to the Greek.
'Stretch Armstrong' Lands Writer, Director
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction