Spike TV has finalized a pilot pickup deal for comedy Playing With Guns. Varsity Pictures’ Brian Robbins will direct the pilot as well as produce with Sharla Sumpter Bridgett and Lionsgate TV. Written and co-executive produced by Bob Castrone, Brian Levin and Jason Zumwalt, Guns stars Danny Masterson and Joey Kern as two childhood best friends who had no idea what they wanted to be when they grew up, so they signed up to became cops, patrolling the suburban town they grew up in as they try to get the most out of their badges while doing the least amount of police work possible. The pilot is said to be in the vein of Spike’s sports comedy Blue Mountain State, also from Varsity and Lionsgate. It will be shot in North Carolina later this month.
Spike Is 'Playing With Guns'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- CBS Sets Season Finale Dates
- North Carolina’s NCAA Win Over Kentucky Propels CBS To Sunday Ratings Victory
- Hulu Sets Summer Bows For ‘Difficult People’ Season 3, Trio Of Documentaries
- House Intel Committee Chair Devin Nunes Viewed Confidential Info On White House Grounds Before Meeting With Trump Team
- Velocity Revs Up 2017-18 Programming Slate; Unveils 3 New Series; 13 Returning Franchises
- ‘Rescue Dog To Super Dog’ Unscripted Series Greenlighted By Animal Planet