Spike TV has finalized a pilot pickup deal for comedy Playing With Guns. Varsity Pictures’ Brian Robbins will direct the pilot as well as produce with Sharla Sumpter Bridgett and Lionsgate TV. Written and co-executive produced by Bob Castrone, Brian Levin and Jason Zumwalt, Guns stars Danny Masterson and Joey Kern as two childhood best friends who had no idea what they wanted to be when they grew up, so they signed up to became cops, patrolling the suburban town they grew up in as they try to get the most out of their badges while doing the least amount of police work possible. The pilot is said to be in the vein of Spike’s sports comedy Blue Mountain State, also from Varsity and Lionsgate. It will be shot in North Carolina later this month.
Spike Is 'Playing With Guns'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest TV News
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating