Sony Pictures Classics, which does a lot of repeat business with filmmakers, had acquired North American rights from Pathe to The Illusionist, the new film by Sylvain Chomet. SPC’s Michael Barker and Tom Bernard worked with Chomet on The Triplets of Belleville and will release the film at year’s end. The film premiered at Berlin.
Sony Pictures Classics Nabs 'The Illusionist'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Originals’ Season Finale Ratings Even With 2016, ‘WWYD?’ Returns Steady
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’