EXCLUSIVE: Studios seem to hate spending money on development lately, but can they resist a Sacha Baron Cohen comedy? Baron Cohen and writers Alec Berg, Jeff Schaffer and David Mandel started pitching a comedy to studio presidents yesterday. They hit four places Tuesday and will finish today. Berg, Schaffer, and Mandel, the Seinfeld writer/producers who are now the executive producers of Curb Your Enthusiasm, get a ton of money for movie jobs. So this will be a whopping deal if a studio bites. Schaffer was one of the writers on the Baron Cohen comedy Bruno. Mandel’s script work on the wife-swapping baseball film The Trade has Warner Bros hoping to make the film with Ben Affleck. The trio’s last credited movie collaboration was EuroTrip and The Cat in the Hat. WME is selling the comedy, details of which I’ll divulge as soon as I get a coherent logline.
Sacha Baron Cohen Pitching Studios On Laugher With 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Trio
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'