EXCLUSIVE: Studios seem to hate spending money on development lately, but can they resist a Sacha Baron Cohen comedy? Baron Cohen and writers Alec Berg, Jeff Schaffer and David Mandel started pitching a comedy to studio presidents yesterday. They hit four places Tuesday and will finish today. Berg, Schaffer, and Mandel, the Seinfeld writer/producers who are now the executive producers of Curb Your Enthusiasm, get a ton of money for movie jobs. So this will be a whopping deal if a studio bites. Schaffer was one of the writers on the Baron Cohen comedy Bruno. Mandel’s script work on the wife-swapping baseball film The Trade has Warner Bros hoping to make the film with Ben Affleck. The trio’s last credited movie collaboration was EuroTrip and The Cat in the Hat. WME is selling the comedy, details of which I’ll divulge as soon as I get a coherent logline.
Sacha Baron Cohen Pitching Studios On Laugher With 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Trio
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Podcaster Jon Lovett Says CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo