EXCLUSIVE: Studios seem to hate spending money on development lately, but can they resist a Sacha Baron Cohen comedy? Baron Cohen and writers Alec Berg, Jeff Schaffer and David Mandel started pitching a comedy to studio presidents yesterday. They hit four places Tuesday and will finish today. Berg, Schaffer, and Mandel, the Seinfeld writer/producers who are now the executive producers of Curb Your Enthusiasm, get a ton of money for movie jobs. So this will be a whopping deal if a studio bites. Schaffer was one of the writers on the Baron Cohen comedy Bruno. Mandel’s script work on the wife-swapping baseball film The Trade has Warner Bros hoping to make the film with Ben Affleck. The trio’s last credited movie collaboration was EuroTrip and The Cat in the Hat. WME is selling the comedy, details of which I’ll divulge as soon as I get a coherent logline.
Sacha Baron Cohen Pitching Studios On Laugher With 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Trio
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest TV News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- ‘The Village’: Grace Van Dien To Star In NBC Drama Pilot
- ‘High Maintenance’ & ‘Crashing’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Review: ‘Killing’ Creator’s New Drama Needs Less Time, Not More
- Fox News Channel’s Mark Levin Sunday Show Gets Premiere Date
- Damon Wayans Jr. To Star In CBS’ Tim McAuliffe/Austen Earl Comedy Pilot