Before “Robin Hood,” there will be “The Real Robin Hood.” Ridley Scott, director of the upcoming “Robin Hood” movie starring Russell Crowe, will produce a two-hour special for the History Channel about the origins of the English folk hero. Slated to air May 11, tied to the May 14 release of the movie, “The Real Robin Hood” “will distinguish between historical evidence and Hollywood fiction, and seek to create a realistic portrait of the mythical hero” who in fact is a composite of several historical figures whose exploits date back to the age of the Crusades. And yes, it will feature clips from the movie too. Scott Free is producing.
Ridley Scott Searches for 'The Real Robin Hood' on History Channel
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast