Before “Robin Hood,” there will be “The Real Robin Hood.” Ridley Scott, director of the upcoming “Robin Hood” movie starring Russell Crowe, will produce a two-hour special for the History Channel about the origins of the English folk hero. Slated to air May 11, tied to the May 14 release of the movie, “The Real Robin Hood” “will distinguish between historical evidence and Hollywood fiction, and seek to create a realistic portrait of the mythical hero” who in fact is a composite of several historical figures whose exploits date back to the age of the Crusades. And yes, it will feature clips from the movie too. Scott Free is producing.
Ridley Scott Searches for 'The Real Robin Hood' on History Channel
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'