Before “Robin Hood,” there will be “The Real Robin Hood.” Ridley Scott, director of the upcoming “Robin Hood” movie starring Russell Crowe, will produce a two-hour special for the History Channel about the origins of the English folk hero. Slated to air May 11, tied to the May 14 release of the movie, “The Real Robin Hood” “will distinguish between historical evidence and Hollywood fiction, and seek to create a realistic portrait of the mythical hero” who in fact is a composite of several historical figures whose exploits date back to the age of the Crusades. And yes, it will feature clips from the movie too. Scott Free is producing.
Ridley Scott Searches for 'The Real Robin Hood' on History Channel
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup