Before “Robin Hood,” there will be “The Real Robin Hood.” Ridley Scott, director of the upcoming “Robin Hood” movie starring Russell Crowe, will produce a two-hour special for the History Channel about the origins of the English folk hero. Slated to air May 11, tied to the May 14 release of the movie, “The Real Robin Hood” “will distinguish between historical evidence and Hollywood fiction, and seek to create a realistic portrait of the mythical hero” who in fact is a composite of several historical figures whose exploits date back to the age of the Crusades. And yes, it will feature clips from the movie too. Scott Free is producing.
Ridley Scott Searches for 'The Real Robin Hood' on History Channel
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners
- Nazneen Contractor Joins NBC’s ‘Heroes Reborn'; Aoibhinn McGinnity In Cinemax’s ‘Quarry’
- Michael Nyqvist Signs With ICM Partners
- Nicholas D’Agosto Returns To ‘Gotham’ As Series Regular
- Sony Eyes Relaunching TriStar Television Banner Run By Suzanne Patmore Gibbs
- ‘Jane The Virgin’ Emmy Campaign Employs Gina Rodriguez’s Own Words