EXCLUSIVE: Castle executive producer/co-showrunner Rene Echevarria has departed the ABC dramedy series after not being able to reach a new deal with producer ABC Studios. Echevarria co-ran Castle with creator/executive producer Andrew W. Marlowe this season, which saw the quirky mystery show establish itself as ABC’s most promising new hourlong series in years. Castle’s ratings rise in the current second season earned the Nathan Fillion starrer an early renewal for next fall. Marlowe will now be the series’ sole showrunner. Echevarria, who co-created/executive produced USA’s 4400 and executive produced Medium when it ran on NBC has several projects in the hopper, including the MTV pilot Teen Wolf, on which he serves as an executive producer.
Co-Showrunner Exits ABC Studios 'Castle'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Defends "Restrained" Twitter Bashing Of Alec Baldwin & 'SNL' In Person Of Year Interview
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
Latest TV News
- ‘Becoming Warren Buffett’: HBO Documentary On Billionaire Investor Set For January
- Veep Joe Biden To Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump ‘SNL’ Attacks “Make Lot Of Sense”
- TruTV Renews ‘Adam Ruins Everything’, ‘The Carbonaro Effect’; Greenlights Two New Series
- ‘This Is Us’ Ratings Rise For Winter Finale; ‘Flash’ Steady With 2015; ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Down
- ‘Alone’ Survival Series Renewed For Season 4 By History
- Lester Holt Pulls Plans To Anchor ‘NBC Nightly News’ From Hawaii