EXCLUSIVE: Castle executive producer/co-showrunner Rene Echevarria has departed the ABC dramedy series after not being able to reach a new deal with producer ABC Studios. Echevarria co-ran Castle with creator/executive producer Andrew W. Marlowe this season, which saw the quirky mystery show establish itself as ABC’s most promising new hourlong series in years. Castle’s ratings rise in the current second season earned the Nathan Fillion starrer an early renewal for next fall. Marlowe will now be the series’ sole showrunner. Echevarria, who co-created/executive produced USA’s 4400 and executive produced Medium when it ran on NBC has several projects in the hopper, including the MTV pilot Teen Wolf, on which he serves as an executive producer.
Co-Showrunner Exits ABC Studios 'Castle'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21M+; 'I Feel Pretty' $18M; 'Super Troopers 2' Arrests $16M - Saturday Update
James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To 'Terminator', And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On 'Avatar' Sequels
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Latest TV News
- ‘Ghost Wars’ Canceled After One Season At Syfy
- James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To ‘Terminator’, And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On…
- The Week In Deadline Video & Podcasts: Maggie Gyllenhaal, Darren Criss, Frankie Shaw
- ‘Meghan Markle’ Dips While ‘Jane The Virgin’ Steady In Friday Ratings
- Robert Durst Admits He May Have Said Too Much In HBO Series ‘The Jinx’
- Bill Maher Asks Michael Avenatti If He Will Run For Office