EXCLUSIVE: Castle executive producer/co-showrunner Rene Echevarria has departed the ABC dramedy series after not being able to reach a new deal with producer ABC Studios. Echevarria co-ran Castle with creator/executive producer Andrew W. Marlowe this season, which saw the quirky mystery show establish itself as ABC’s most promising new hourlong series in years. Castle’s ratings rise in the current second season earned the Nathan Fillion starrer an early renewal for next fall. Marlowe will now be the series’ sole showrunner. Echevarria, who co-created/executive produced USA’s 4400 and executive produced Medium when it ran on NBC has several projects in the hopper, including the MTV pilot Teen Wolf, on which he serves as an executive producer.
Co-Showrunner Exits ABC Studios 'Castle'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”
- LeBron James Tops Ratings For ESPN; Cavs Keep NBA Playoffs Dream Alive
- 'The Expanse' Picked Up By Amazon For Season 4 After Syfy Cancellation
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Caitlin Carmichael Scores Lead In BYUtv’s ‘Dwight In Shining Armor’
- ‘Lucifer’: Sneak Peek At Canceled Fox Series’ 2 Bonus Episodes Airing Monday