EXCLUSIVE: Castle executive producer/co-showrunner Rene Echevarria has departed the ABC dramedy series after not being able to reach a new deal with producer ABC Studios. Echevarria co-ran Castle with creator/executive producer Andrew W. Marlowe this season, which saw the quirky mystery show establish itself as ABC’s most promising new hourlong series in years. Castle’s ratings rise in the current second season earned the Nathan Fillion starrer an early renewal for next fall. Marlowe will now be the series’ sole showrunner. Echevarria, who co-created/executive produced USA’s 4400 and executive produced Medium when it ran on NBC has several projects in the hopper, including the MTV pilot Teen Wolf, on which he serves as an executive producer.
Co-Showrunner Exits ABC Studios 'Castle'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hillary Clinton Vs. Donald Trump III: “Bad Hombres,” “Nasty Woman” "Rigged" Emmys & Celebrity Reactions
Latest TV News
- NBCU Said To Be In Advanced Talks With Google’s Unplugged
- Bill Bratton Returns To NBC News After Exit As NYC Police Commissioner
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Alan Taylor Returns To UTA
- Viola Davis To Produce Chuck Rose Thriller Drama ‘Head Games’ For ABC
- Stephen Colbert’s Live Post-Debate ‘Late Show’ Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
- The Onion Sets Election Retrospective Special On Fusion