The much-hyped Madonna-themed episode of Fox’s Glee drew a 5.3 rating/14 share among adults 18-49 and 13.5 million viewers overall last night. That was down 5% from the series high the musical comedy hit in its return to originals last week. Its lead-in, American Idol (6.7/20, 19.1 million) was down 8% week-to-week but is expected to rise in the finals due to a 3-minute overrun. It was more good news for NBC’s freshman series Parenthood, which got an early renewal yesterday. Last night, the family dramedy posted a 2.9/8 in the demo at 10 PM, up 16% from last week. Heading in the opposite direction were ABC’s Lost (3.6/9), down 8% for a series low, and Dancing with the Stars’ result show (2.4/7), down 14% and also hitting an all-time low. In bubble show watch, ABC’s V (2.3/7) perked up, up 5% at 10 PM despite a weaker Lost lead-in. NBC’s Biggest Loser (3.3/9) was flat, and CBS’ lineup was in reruns.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Glee' Scores with Madonna, 'Lost' Hits Series Low
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Opens First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers