The much-hyped Madonna-themed episode of Fox’s Glee drew a 5.3 rating/14 share among adults 18-49 and 13.5 million viewers overall last night. That was down 5% from the series high the musical comedy hit in its return to originals last week. Its lead-in, American Idol (6.7/20, 19.1 million) was down 8% week-to-week but is expected to rise in the finals due to a 3-minute overrun. It was more good news for NBC’s freshman series Parenthood, which got an early renewal yesterday. Last night, the family dramedy posted a 2.9/8 in the demo at 10 PM, up 16% from last week. Heading in the opposite direction were ABC’s Lost (3.6/9), down 8% for a series low, and Dancing with the Stars’ result show (2.4/7), down 14% and also hitting an all-time low. In bubble show watch, ABC’s V (2.3/7) perked up, up 5% at 10 PM despite a weaker Lost lead-in. NBC’s Biggest Loser (3.3/9) was flat, and CBS’ lineup was in reruns.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Glee' Scores with Madonna, 'Lost' Hits Series Low
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC
- 'Longmire' Cancelled By A&E, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere