After weeks of massive pre-launch campaign, Fox’s Glee returned big, scoring its highest-rated episode ever. Airing after American Idol following a four-month hiatus, the high school dramedy drew a 5.6 rating, almost 50% higher than its preview after Idol last spring. The show retained an impressive 77% of its Idol (7.3, 20.6 million) lead-in. There was more encouraging news for NBC’s midseason drama Parenthood (2.5), which won the 10 p.m. in the 18-49 demo over two other freshman series, ABC’s V (2.3/6), which hit a series low, and CBS’ The Good Wife(1.4), which aired a repeat.
Ratings Rat Race: 'Glee' Big in Return
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins