After a month of repeats, the key blocks of CBS’ Monday lineup and Fox’s House returned to originals, but couldn’t topple ABC’s resurgent Dancing With The Stars, which fueled the network to another nightly win. Dancing (4.8 rating/13 share in adults 18-49), in one of its most buzzed-about seasons in a while, shed another 6% week-to-week in the demo in what has been a pattern for the past four weeks but still dominated the 8-10 p.m. slot, followed by Castle (3.2/9), which benefitted by a Dancing overrun. The CBS series were slightly down from their last first-run episodes on March 22. The drop was steeper, 22%, for the daylight savings time-affected How I Met Your Mother (2.8/9) at 8 p.m. Surrounded by originals, midseason replacement Rules of Engagement (2.8/8) was slightly up. Meanwhile, also at 8 p.m. Fox’s drama House (4.0/12) was flat coming back from weeks of repeats and boosted 24 (2.6/7) by 13% from last week’s original. NBC aired repeats and a new Trauma (1.3), which logged another series low in the demo.
RATINGS RAT RACE: CBS series, 'House' Back With Originals, ABC's 'Dancing' Wins
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale Also Slotted
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series