EXCLUSIVE: Examples of tiny self-financed movies getting picked up are rare indeed. Normally, such pics disappear without a trace. But Optimum, the UK distribution arm of Studio Canal, is set to acquire this low-budget horror movie, titled F, and plans to release the shocker this autumn. The film’s pitched as “Assault On Precinct 13 set in a school”. Producers Paul Blacknell and Ernest Riera raised the sub-£1 million budget themselves through private City investors. Director Johannes Roberts is represented by Independent Talent. Their joint Black Robe production company plans to develop a slate of UK films budgeted between £500,000 and £10 million over the next five years.
Small Brit Horror Pic Finds Big Distributor
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ESPN, TNT Salivate For First Pair Of NBA Conference Title Game 7s Since 1979
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”