EXCLUSIVE: Examples of tiny self-financed movies getting picked up are rare indeed. Normally, such pics disappear without a trace. But Optimum, the UK distribution arm of Studio Canal, is set to acquire this low-budget horror movie, titled F, and plans to release the shocker this autumn. The film’s pitched as “Assault On Precinct 13 set in a school”. Producers Paul Blacknell and Ernest Riera raised the sub-£1 million budget themselves through private City investors. Director Johannes Roberts is represented by Independent Talent. Their joint Black Robe production company plans to develop a slate of UK films budgeted between £500,000 and £10 million over the next five years.
Small Brit Horror Pic Finds Big Distributor
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast
- Earle Hyman Dies: Veteran Broadway Actor, Cosby TV Dad Was 91
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Says Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo