Bill Maher has signed a new two-year deal with HBO. As part of the pact, the network has renewed Real Time With Bill Maher for a ninth season. The 35-episode Season 9 will launch in early 2011. Real Time, now in its eighth season, was often referenced over the past couple of months in the context of Conan O’Brien’s post-NBC options. Like O’Brien, Maher left his network late-night talk show, ABC’s Politically Incorrect, in a publicized dustup and then made a successful transition to a weekly talk-show on HBO. After exploring different scenarios, O’Brien ultimately opted to stay in the daily talk-show business with a deal at TBS.
Bill Maher Gets More 'Real Time' at HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series