Bill Maher has signed a new two-year deal with HBO. As part of the pact, the network has renewed Real Time With Bill Maher for a ninth season. The 35-episode Season 9 will launch in early 2011. Real Time, now in its eighth season, was often referenced over the past couple of months in the context of Conan O’Brien’s post-NBC options. Like O’Brien, Maher left his network late-night talk show, ABC’s Politically Incorrect, in a publicized dustup and then made a successful transition to a weekly talk-show on HBO. After exploring different scenarios, O’Brien ultimately opted to stay in the daily talk-show business with a deal at TBS.
Bill Maher Gets More 'Real Time' at HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best-Movie Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot
- ‘Big Love’ Creators Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer Remember Their Star Bill Paxton