Bill Maher has signed a new two-year deal with HBO. As part of the pact, the network has renewed Real Time With Bill Maher for a ninth season. The 35-episode Season 9 will launch in early 2011. Real Time, now in its eighth season, was often referenced over the past couple of months in the context of Conan O’Brien’s post-NBC options. Like O’Brien, Maher left his network late-night talk show, ABC’s Politically Incorrect, in a publicized dustup and then made a successful transition to a weekly talk-show on HBO. After exploring different scenarios, O’Brien ultimately opted to stay in the daily talk-show business with a deal at TBS.
Bill Maher Gets More 'Real Time' at HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow