Bill Maher has signed a new two-year deal with HBO. As part of the pact, the network has renewed Real Time With Bill Maher for a ninth season. The 35-episode Season 9 will launch in early 2011. Real Time, now in its eighth season, was often referenced over the past couple of months in the context of Conan O’Brien’s post-NBC options. Like O’Brien, Maher left his network late-night talk show, ABC’s Politically Incorrect, in a publicized dustup and then made a successful transition to a weekly talk-show on HBO. After exploring different scenarios, O’Brien ultimately opted to stay in the daily talk-show business with a deal at TBS.
Bill Maher Gets More 'Real Time' at HBO
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
FX Acquires 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Logan', 'Girls Trip', 'Despicable Me 3', 'War For The Planet of the Apes' & More Movies
Latest TV News
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report
- Boston Police Commissioner Praises “99.9 Percent” Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps “Heal”
- Donald Trump Spotlights “Many Anti-Police Agitators” In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
- ‘SNL’ Production Designer Eugene Lee On The Series’ “Unpresidented” Year
- Boston Rally “Officially Over”, Capping Day Of Cable News Attention