Intandem Films, the London-based sales agent has sold Australian box office hit Beneath Hill 60 to UK distributor Momentum Pictures, part of Canadian media group Alliance Films. Beneath Hill 60 — released in Australia by Paramount Pictures on April 15 — has grossed A$1.7 million ($1.6 million) to date during its first two weeks at the box office. The film, directed by Jeremy Hartley Sims and starring Brendan Cowell, is the true story of a small platoon of Australian miners –- all untrained soldiers –- as they prepare to ignite the largest amount of explosives ever collected in one place under German lines in an attempt to end the First World War. Intandem acquired international sales rights in May last year. It starts selling the title at the Cannes Market.
Aussie 'Beneath Hill 60' Expands To UK
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest Box Office News
- Jerry Seinfeld Backs Prankster “Ted L. Nancy” Show At Geffen Playhouse Lab Space
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Stays Pretty: Posts Best Wednesday In March, Second Best Pre-Summer – Box Office
- China Cracks Down On Box Office Fraud; Suspends, Fines Hundreds Of Cinemas
- No. 15 ‘Hidden Figures’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- No. 16 ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- ‘Power Rangers’ Teams With Thirst Project To End Global Water Crisis