Intandem Films, the London-based sales agent has sold Australian box office hit Beneath Hill 60 to UK distributor Momentum Pictures, part of Canadian media group Alliance Films. Beneath Hill 60 — released in Australia by Paramount Pictures on April 15 — has grossed A$1.7 million ($1.6 million) to date during its first two weeks at the box office. The film, directed by Jeremy Hartley Sims and starring Brendan Cowell, is the true story of a small platoon of Australian miners –- all untrained soldiers –- as they prepare to ignite the largest amount of explosives ever collected in one place under German lines in an attempt to end the First World War. Intandem acquired international sales rights in May last year. It starts selling the title at the Cannes Market.
Aussie 'Beneath Hill 60' Expands To UK
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Box Office News
- Weinstein Co.’s Ballerina Toon ‘Leap!’ Jumps Up From Labor Day – Update
- ‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth…
- ‘Dunkirk’ Logs Two-Day Cume Of $8.6M After Solid $2.2M Start – Int’l Box Office
- ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Mother!’ Move Up; ‘Cloverfield’ Stomps To February – Paramount Release…
- Jenny Slate Dials Up 'Landline'; Music Box Calls 'The Midwife' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Toronto’s Superb Soulpepper Troupe Beats ‘Hamilton’ At The Freebie Game