EXCLUSIVE:Though all the focus has been on casting of The First Avenger:Captain America, Marvel Studios is also gearing up another priority property, Runaways. Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist director Peter Sollett is negotiating to direct the youth oriented film that is being called The Breakfast Club with superheroes. Runaways was hatched by Brian K. Vaughan, the Lost writer, and deals with children of supervillains who are cursed with evil powers but use them for heroic purposes. They are housed in a secret lair under the La Brea Tar Pits, and Joss Whedon wrote installments of the comic when Vaughan was unavailable. The film will be distributed under Marvel’s pre-Disney deal with Paramount Pictures. WME and Oasis Media Group rep Sollett.
Marvel Taps Peter Sollett For 'Runaways'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Fleming Jr
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount