EXCLUSIVE:Though all the focus has been on casting of The First Avenger:Captain America, Marvel Studios is also gearing up another priority property, Runaways. Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist director Peter Sollett is negotiating to direct the youth oriented film that is being called The Breakfast Club with superheroes. Runaways was hatched by Brian K. Vaughan, the Lost writer, and deals with children of supervillains who are cursed with evil powers but use them for heroic purposes. They are housed in a secret lair under the La Brea Tar Pits, and Joss Whedon wrote installments of the comic when Vaughan was unavailable. The film will be distributed under Marvel’s pre-Disney deal with Paramount Pictures. WME and Oasis Media Group rep Sollett.
Marvel Taps Peter Sollett For 'Runaways'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Are Studios Driving The Lazy Road Paved By Detroit Automakers?
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Circling Edward Snowden Role In Oliver Stone Film
- TIFF 2014: How Chris Rock, New Distribution Blood Fueled Film Deals
- Matt Damon, Zhang Yimou Want To Scale 'The Great Wall' In China
- Roberto Orci's 'Star Trek 3′ Commitment Knocks Him Out Of 'Power Rangers' Pic
- Aussie Thriller 'Kill Me Three Times' Sells To Magnolia: TIFF