EXCLUSIVE:Though all the focus has been on casting of The First Avenger:Captain America, Marvel Studios is also gearing up another priority property, Runaways. Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist director Peter Sollett is negotiating to direct the youth oriented film that is being called The Breakfast Club with superheroes. Runaways was hatched by Brian K. Vaughan, the Lost writer, and deals with children of supervillains who are cursed with evil powers but use them for heroic purposes. They are housed in a secret lair under the La Brea Tar Pits, and Joss Whedon wrote installments of the comic when Vaughan was unavailable. The film will be distributed under Marvel’s pre-Disney deal with Paramount Pictures. WME and Oasis Media Group rep Sollett.
Marvel Taps Peter Sollett For 'Runaways'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Sirens' Star Jessica McNamee Signs With Inspire
- Why Did Stephen Hawking Film 'Theory Of Everything' Take A Decade? Scribe Anthony McCarten Explains
- 'Star Wars Episode VII' Lead Daisy Ridley Signs With CAA
- James Wan Back At New Line For 'The Conjuring 2′ And Overall Producing Deal
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution