EXCLUSIVE:Though all the focus has been on casting of The First Avenger:Captain America, Marvel Studios is also gearing up another priority property, Runaways. Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist director Peter Sollett is negotiating to direct the youth oriented film that is being called The Breakfast Club with superheroes. Runaways was hatched by Brian K. Vaughan, the Lost writer, and deals with children of supervillains who are cursed with evil powers but use them for heroic purposes. They are housed in a secret lair under the La Brea Tar Pits, and Joss Whedon wrote installments of the comic when Vaughan was unavailable. The film will be distributed under Marvel’s pre-Disney deal with Paramount Pictures. WME and Oasis Media Group rep Sollett.
Marvel Taps Peter Sollett For 'Runaways'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Adam Sandler To Star In Film Quartet For Netflix, Which Continues To Thumb Nose At Theaters
- Warner Bros Connects With iPhone Salesman/Scribe's Pitch For 'I Am Legend' Reboot
- David O Russell Gets 2-Picture Deal With Megan Ellison's Annapurna
- Ice Cube Pitch 'Rocky Mountain High' In Bidding Battle
- Neil Diamond Signs With WME, First Agency In Three Decades
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch