EXCLUSIVE:Though all the focus has been on casting of The First Avenger:Captain America, Marvel Studios is also gearing up another priority property, Runaways. Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist director Peter Sollett is negotiating to direct the youth oriented film that is being called The Breakfast Club with superheroes. Runaways was hatched by Brian K. Vaughan, the Lost writer, and deals with children of supervillains who are cursed with evil powers but use them for heroic purposes. They are housed in a secret lair under the La Brea Tar Pits, and Joss Whedon wrote installments of the comic when Vaughan was unavailable. The film will be distributed under Marvel’s pre-Disney deal with Paramount Pictures. WME and Oasis Media Group rep Sollett.
Marvel Taps Peter Sollett For 'Runaways'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
We Called It: 'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Sells To Fox Searchlight & Indian Paintbrush For Record $12M - Sundance Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Team Downey Enlists Tate Taylor For USS Indianapolis Shark Attack Ordeal Project
- Magnolia Bites Into ‘Tangerine’ – Sundance
- Hot Teaser: ‘The Fantastic Four’
- UPDATE: Lionsgate Closes Eli Roth-Keanu Reeves Thriller ‘Knock Knock’ At $2.5 Million
- Not So Fast On ‘Dying Girl’ Record: FSL Indian Paintbrush Deal Promises Upside, But Not Fest Record
- ‘Strongest Man’ Helmer Kenny Riches Signs With UTA; Sundance