So I’ve got to ask: If Taylor Lautner was supposed to be paid $7.5 million to co-star in David Ellison’s Northern Lights, then what’s Liam Hemsworth worth now to play the same role? Say, half? A quarter? The project by the son of Oracle’s Larry Ellison has seen several young actors pass ever since Taylor dropped out. “It’s scaring some actors off because David has written himself a big role in the movie which he’s also financing,” an insider tells me. [Ellison’s people say he is not financing the pic, just producing it.] “What, you’re going to work for your co-star who doesn’t have a big body of work? I’ve never seen anything like this before.” You may recall that Lautner was being paid per ab, making the then 17-year-old the highest paid Hollywood teen. Northern Lights was supposed to have a start date of April 1st. The pic is about extreme flying and follows four young pilots as they compete against the world’s best. It’s being made by David Ellison’s new company Skydance Productions, and Paramount has a first look at his development.
HUNKY MONEY! Liam Hemsworth Offered Taylor Lautner Role In 'Northern Lights'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- ABC Orders ‘Boy Band’ Singing Competition Series
- FCC’s Long-Running Broadcast Spectrum Auction Is Finally Over
- ‘There’s…Johnny!’, ‘Harmonquest’ Season 2, More Get Summer Premiere Dates On Seeso
- Comedy Central Teases “The President Show” For Late Night
- ‘American Gods’ Opening Titles: Starz Unveils Footage Complete With Neon Cowboy, Crucified Astronauts
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 7 Teaser Trailer: First Look At What’s Next