The end of the Spider-Man franchise has created new opportunities for Kirsten Dunst. She’s just been set by Lars von Trier to play the lead role in Melancholia that Penelope Cruz was negotiating before she jumped to Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Melancholia is a sci-fi disaster film that will shoot July through September in Southern Sweden, with Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kiefer Sutherland, Charlotte Rampling, Alexander Skarsgaard, Stellan Skarsgaard and Udo Kier also attached to roles. Dunst is currently starring with Jim Sturgess in Upside Down. Bastard, the short film she directed and co-wrote, will premiere at the Tribeca Film Fest and was just accepted into Cannes.
Kirsten Dunst Will Lead 'Melancholia'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A 'Red Sparrow': 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Mike Flynn Wants To Testify In Russia Probes In Exchange For Immunity: Report
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ Review: Netflix’s Teen Suicide Drama Powerful & Astute TV
- ‘Troy: Fall Of A City’: Bella Dayne, Louis Hunter & More Join BBC/Netflix Epic
- Mark Strong To Star In ‘Deep State’ For Fox Networks Group
- Donald Trump Threatens Republicans On Twitter In Bid To Resuscitate Trumpcare
- Tyler Labine To Co-Star In ‘Hannah Royce’s Questionable Choices’ CBS Pilot