The end of the Spider-Man franchise has created new opportunities for Kirsten Dunst. She’s just been set by Lars von Trier to play the lead role in Melancholia that Penelope Cruz was negotiating before she jumped to Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Melancholia is a sci-fi disaster film that will shoot July through September in Southern Sweden, with Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kiefer Sutherland, Charlotte Rampling, Alexander Skarsgaard, Stellan Skarsgaard and Udo Kier also attached to roles. Dunst is currently starring with Jim Sturgess in Upside Down. Bastard, the short film she directed and co-wrote, will premiere at the Tribeca Film Fest and was just accepted into Cannes.
Kirsten Dunst Will Lead 'Melancholia'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Robert Knepper Staying On ‘iZombie’ After Inquiry Into Sexual Misconduct Claims Found “No Evidence Of Wrongdoing”…
- ABC Pulls ‘The Great American Baking Show’ & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- ‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ Review: Muscles From Brussels Is Strong In Satire
- Donald Trump Wishes Omarosa “Continued Success” After She Exits White House Under Security Escort
- ‘Tavis Smiley’ Talk Show Suspended After PBS Investigation Into Sexual Misconduct Claims Against Host
- Bryan Cranston To Sub On ‘Late Late Show’ Tonight With James Corden Off After Birth Of Daughter