The end of the Spider-Man franchise has created new opportunities for Kirsten Dunst. She’s just been set by Lars von Trier to play the lead role in Melancholia that Penelope Cruz was negotiating before she jumped to Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Melancholia is a sci-fi disaster film that will shoot July through September in Southern Sweden, with Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kiefer Sutherland, Charlotte Rampling, Alexander Skarsgaard, Stellan Skarsgaard and Udo Kier also attached to roles. Dunst is currently starring with Jim Sturgess in Upside Down. Bastard, the short film she directed and co-wrote, will premiere at the Tribeca Film Fest and was just accepted into Cannes.
Kirsten Dunst Will Lead 'Melancholia'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- APA Investigating Agent As Two Men Come Forward With Sexual Assault Allegations
- ‘Mayans MC’: Raoul Trujillo Cast In FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Spinoff Pilot
- TV Land’s Jennifer Zaldivar-Clark Named SVP Talent For Paramount Network
- ‘Hannity’ Plans Las Vegas Tribute Tonight: Big & Rich, Rascal Flatts To Perform
- Viacom Has Running Room With Ratings Uptick, Charter Carriage Deal–UBS Analyst
- ‘Will & Grace’ Ratings Stabilize To Top Thursday, ‘Arrow’ Steady As ‘Scandal’ & ‘HTGAWM’ Slip To Lows With No…