Lately, Katherine Heigl is a one-woman wrecking crew when it comes to the Hollywood PR machinery. Many are blaming her “momager” (I love that moniker…). So for 6 years the actress, who’s now exiting Grey’s Anatomy to focus on her film career, was repped by PMK/HBH flack Jill Fritzo out of New York. But Heigl decided she needed an LA-based PR rep so went with Melissa Kates at the firm. Then the merger with BNC happened, and Kates went out on her own. Next thing anyone knew, Kates fired Heigl as a client 6 weeks ago. “PR people rarely resign from accounts,” one long-time publicist told me, “especially when starting their own company, and the client in question is a legitimate movie star.” So then Heigl signed with Kelly Bush who immediately had to do damage control on an Entertainment Weekly cover story on Heigl. “Kelly did amazing job. That EW piece was initially a takedown but she turned it into a love letter,” one of my sources explains. No matter, Heigl fired Bush after only 5 weeks in the ID-PR fold. Now I’ve learned that Heigl is back with Jill Fritzo at BNC/PMK. “I took her back with open arms,” Fritzo told a pal of mine.
Katherine Heigl's PR Un-Merry-Go-Round
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest TV News
- Obama Declines To Dance For Ellen DeGeneres’ Show; Republic Still Standing
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016