Lately, Katherine Heigl is a one-woman wrecking crew when it comes to the Hollywood PR machinery. Many are blaming her “momager” (I love that moniker…). So for 6 years the actress, who’s now exiting Grey’s Anatomy to focus on her film career, was repped by PMK/HBH flack Jill Fritzo out of New York. But Heigl decided she needed an LA-based PR rep so went with Melissa Kates at the firm. Then the merger with BNC happened, and Kates went out on her own. Next thing anyone knew, Kates fired Heigl as a client 6 weeks ago. “PR people rarely resign from accounts,” one long-time publicist told me, “especially when starting their own company, and the client in question is a legitimate movie star.” So then Heigl signed with Kelly Bush who immediately had to do damage control on an Entertainment Weekly cover story on Heigl. “Kelly did amazing job. That EW piece was initially a takedown but she turned it into a love letter,” one of my sources explains. No matter, Heigl fired Bush after only 5 weeks in the ID-PR fold. Now I’ve learned that Heigl is back with Jill Fritzo at BNC/PMK. “I took her back with open arms,” Fritzo told a pal of mine.
Katherine Heigl's PR Un-Merry-Go-Round
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better