Lately, Katherine Heigl is a one-woman wrecking crew when it comes to the Hollywood PR machinery. Many are blaming her “momager” (I love that moniker…). So for 6 years the actress, who’s now exiting Grey’s Anatomy to focus on her film career, was repped by PMK/HBH flack Jill Fritzo out of New York. But Heigl decided she needed an LA-based PR rep so went with Melissa Kates at the firm. Then the merger with BNC happened, and Kates went out on her own. Next thing anyone knew, Kates fired Heigl as a client 6 weeks ago. “PR people rarely resign from accounts,” one long-time publicist told me, “especially when starting their own company, and the client in question is a legitimate movie star.” So then Heigl signed with Kelly Bush who immediately had to do damage control on an Entertainment Weekly cover story on Heigl. “Kelly did amazing job. That EW piece was initially a takedown but she turned it into a love letter,” one of my sources explains. No matter, Heigl fired Bush after only 5 weeks in the ID-PR fold. Now I’ve learned that Heigl is back with Jill Fritzo at BNC/PMK. “I took her back with open arms,” Fritzo told a pal of mine.
Katherine Heigl's PR Un-Merry-Go-Round
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best-Movie Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot
- ‘Big Love’ Creators Mark V. Olsen & Will Scheffer Remember Their Star Bill Paxton