Lately, Katherine Heigl is a one-woman wrecking crew when it comes to the Hollywood PR machinery. Many are blaming her “momager” (I love that moniker…). So for 6 years the actress, who’s now exiting Grey’s Anatomy to focus on her film career, was repped by PMK/HBH flack Jill Fritzo out of New York. But Heigl decided she needed an LA-based PR rep so went with Melissa Kates at the firm. Then the merger with BNC happened, and Kates went out on her own. Next thing anyone knew, Kates fired Heigl as a client 6 weeks ago. “PR people rarely resign from accounts,” one long-time publicist told me, “especially when starting their own company, and the client in question is a legitimate movie star.” So then Heigl signed with Kelly Bush who immediately had to do damage control on an Entertainment Weekly cover story on Heigl. “Kelly did amazing job. That EW piece was initially a takedown but she turned it into a love letter,” one of my sources explains. No matter, Heigl fired Bush after only 5 weeks in the ID-PR fold. Now I’ve learned that Heigl is back with Jill Fritzo at BNC/PMK. “I took her back with open arms,” Fritzo told a pal of mine.
Katherine Heigl's PR Un-Merry-Go-Round
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD