TheWrap (aka TheCrap) keeps getting turned down by the private investment companies which it has recently approached for survival funding — Saban, Shamrock, and a long list of others. And the new owners of The Hollywood Reporter aren’t interested in buying the website, given its deteriorating situation, although it’s been offered to them again and again.(As you know, the new owners made an unsolicited offer to me in January to become THR editor-in-chief.) Meanwhile, several more current staffers at TheCrap are openly looking for new jobs in this tough media market.
Is It Nearly Curtains For TheCrap?
What's Hot on Deadline
NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy's Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick To Head All Scripted
Latest TV News
- Colm Feore, Alex Kingston & Jacob Vargas Cast In Hulu Comedy Pilot ‘Crushed’
- Samantha Bee’s ‘Full Frontal’ Premiere Seen By 2.2M Across Turner Networks
- ‘The White Queen’ Sequel ‘The White Princess’ Greenlighted By Starz
- ‘Vinyl’ Review: Martin Scorsese & Mick Jagger’s HBO Series Rocks
- BET Taps Brie Miranda Bryant As SVP Unscripted, Original Programming
- Glenn Fleshler Joins HBO’s Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’; Matt Barr In Amazon’s ‘The Interestings’