HBO Documentary Films acquired domestic TV rights to My Trip to Al Qaeda, the Alex Gibney-directed docu that is based on the one-man play by journalist Lawrence Wright and his effort to remain objective covering the rise of fundamentalist Islam after 9/11. The documentary is one of three Gibney films premiering at Tribeca. Gibney’s also showing a work print of his documentary about the scandalous rise and fall of New York State Governor Eliot Spitzer, a film that is being shopped by John Sloss, whose Cinetic made the HBO deal. Gibney also directed a segment of Freakonomics, also on the Tribeca sked.
HBO Acquires Gibney's 'Al Qaeda' Docu
What's Hot on Deadline
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
Latest TV News
- Lemuel Plummer Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’: Daveed Diggs, Laura Dern Among Season 3 Guest Stars
- Lionsgate, Studiocanal Pact In Oz; French Film Biz Offers Support To U.S. Over Trump Budget Cuts – Global Briefs
- Veterans ‘Elementary’, ‘2 Broke Girls’, ‘Criminal Minds’ & ‘Amazing Race’ Among Series Left In Limbo After…
- CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including ‘MacGyver’, ‘Superior Donuts’, ‘Life In Pieces’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0…
- Samantha Bee To Donald Trump After London Attack: “This Is Not Playtime Now. Sh*t Is Real”