HBO Documentary Films acquired domestic TV rights to My Trip to Al Qaeda, the Alex Gibney-directed docu that is based on the one-man play by journalist Lawrence Wright and his effort to remain objective covering the rise of fundamentalist Islam after 9/11. The documentary is one of three Gibney films premiering at Tribeca. Gibney’s also showing a work print of his documentary about the scandalous rise and fall of New York State Governor Eliot Spitzer, a film that is being shopped by John Sloss, whose Cinetic made the HBO deal. Gibney also directed a segment of Freakonomics, also on the Tribeca sked.
HBO Acquires Gibney's 'Al Qaeda' Docu
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?