On the heels of its wins at the Golden Globes and the SAG Awards, Fox’s freshman hit Glee was named best comedy series at the 21st GLAAD Media Awards Saturday night in Los Angeles. Additionally, Tom Ford’s A Single Man won for best film (wide release) and Logo’s RuPaul’s Drag Race for best reality program. Also during the ceremony at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, Drew Barrymore was presented with the Vanguard Award and talk-show host/comedian Wanda Sykes with the Stephen F Kolzak Award. The event, which featured a performance by American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert, is one of three that give away GLAAD Media Awards in different categories. Among the winners announced in New York on March 13 was ABC’s Brothers and Sisters as best drama series. The third ceremony will take place June 5 in San Francisco.
'Glee' Among GLAAD Media Awards Winners
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'