On the heels of its wins at the Golden Globes and the SAG Awards, Fox’s freshman hit Glee was named best comedy series at the 21st GLAAD Media Awards Saturday night in Los Angeles. Additionally, Tom Ford’s A Single Man won for best film (wide release) and Logo’s RuPaul’s Drag Race for best reality program. Also during the ceremony at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza, Drew Barrymore was presented with the Vanguard Award and talk-show host/comedian Wanda Sykes with the Stephen F Kolzak Award. The event, which featured a performance by American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert, is one of three that give away GLAAD Media Awards in different categories. Among the winners announced in New York on March 13 was ABC’s Brothers and Sisters as best drama series. The third ceremony will take place June 5 in San Francisco.
'Glee' Among GLAAD Media Awards Winners
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Kate Del Castillo Netflix Series ‘Ingobernable’ To Film In U.S.
- Hulu Confirms Skinny Bundle & Live Nation Concert Deal – Newfront
- Stacey Dash Cast As Chicago Mayor In ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’ Amid Slew Of Cameos
- Telemundo Studios Promotes Two Key Scripted Executives
- Hulu Renews ‘Mindy Project’ For Season 5, Orders New Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Election Special & More…
- Hulu Acquires Ron Howard’s Beatles Documentary To Launch Docu Films Arm