The sixth and penultimate season of FX’s Rescue Me will premiere June 29, along with the cable network’s new comedy series Louie. Rescue Me will the air at 10 PM, followed by Tuesdays at 10:00 PM ET/PT leading into the premiere season of Louie at 11:00 PM ET/PT. Louie, starring Louis CK as a successful stand-up comedian and newly single father raising his two daughters in New York, was originally slated to launch Apr. 1 but FX moved the date to pair the new comedy with Rescue Me. “The pairing of Rescue Me and Louie this summer will create an hour and a half of the funniest and most ruthlessly honest comedy and drama about men ever seen on commercial television,” said FX president and general manager John Landgraf. The single-camera Louie, a mix of Louis C.K.’s stand-up comedy and scripted stories, features guest appearances by Ricky Gervais, Louis C.K.’s Luckie Louie co-star Pamela Adlon and Bobby Cannavale.
FX Sets Premiere Dates For 'Rescue Me', 'Louie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ITV Commissions Mammoth Screen Drama ‘Desire’ From Scribe Jeremy Block
- ITV Takes Majority Stake In French TV Prod Co. Tetra Media Studio
- ‘Broadchurch’ Return Scores Biggest ITV Drama Ratings Since 2015
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says