The sixth and penultimate season of FX’s Rescue Me will premiere June 29, along with the cable network’s new comedy series Louie. Rescue Me will the air at 10 PM, followed by Tuesdays at 10:00 PM ET/PT leading into the premiere season of Louie at 11:00 PM ET/PT. Louie, starring Louis CK as a successful stand-up comedian and newly single father raising his two daughters in New York, was originally slated to launch Apr. 1 but FX moved the date to pair the new comedy with Rescue Me. “The pairing of Rescue Me and Louie this summer will create an hour and a half of the funniest and most ruthlessly honest comedy and drama about men ever seen on commercial television,” said FX president and general manager John Landgraf. The single-camera Louie, a mix of Louis C.K.’s stand-up comedy and scripted stories, features guest appearances by Ricky Gervais, Louis C.K.’s Luckie Louie co-star Pamela Adlon and Bobby Cannavale.
FX Sets Premiere Dates For 'Rescue Me', 'Louie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”