The sixth and penultimate season of FX’s Rescue Me will premiere June 29, along with the cable network’s new comedy series Louie. Rescue Me will the air at 10 PM, followed by Tuesdays at 10:00 PM ET/PT leading into the premiere season of Louie at 11:00 PM ET/PT. Louie, starring Louis CK as a successful stand-up comedian and newly single father raising his two daughters in New York, was originally slated to launch Apr. 1 but FX moved the date to pair the new comedy with Rescue Me. “The pairing of Rescue Me and Louie this summer will create an hour and a half of the funniest and most ruthlessly honest comedy and drama about men ever seen on commercial television,” said FX president and general manager John Landgraf. The single-camera Louie, a mix of Louis C.K.’s stand-up comedy and scripted stories, features guest appearances by Ricky Gervais, Louis C.K.’s Luckie Louie co-star Pamela Adlon and Bobby Cannavale.
FX Sets Premiere Dates For 'Rescue Me', 'Louie'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Sunday AM
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Comes Home, Fires Up Twitter, Rips Media & New Normal Resumes
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…
- A-Rod Signs With ABC News, Expanding TV Presence Beyond Sports
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…