The sixth and penultimate season of FX’s Rescue Me will premiere June 29, along with the cable network’s new comedy series Louie. Rescue Me will the air at 10 PM, followed by Tuesdays at 10:00 PM ET/PT leading into the premiere season of Louie at 11:00 PM ET/PT. Louie, starring Louis CK as a successful stand-up comedian and newly single father raising his two daughters in New York, was originally slated to launch Apr. 1 but FX moved the date to pair the new comedy with Rescue Me. “The pairing of Rescue Me and Louie this summer will create an hour and a half of the funniest and most ruthlessly honest comedy and drama about men ever seen on commercial television,” said FX president and general manager John Landgraf. The single-camera Louie, a mix of Louis C.K.’s stand-up comedy and scripted stories, features guest appearances by Ricky Gervais, Louis C.K.’s Luckie Louie co-star Pamela Adlon and Bobby Cannavale.
FX Sets Premiere Dates For 'Rescue Me', 'Louie'
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Networks Ups Maurizio Vitale To EVP Role
- Scott Baio Responds To Criticism Over Comments On Erin Moran’s Death
- Gretchen Carlson To Publish ‘Be Fierce’, Book About Workplace Sexual Harassment
- DIGA Options Amy Plum’s ‘Dreamfall’ Dark Thriller Novel To Develop As TV Series
- Netflix’s Reed Hastings Made $23.2M In 2016, Up 39.5%
- Steve Harvey’s New Talker Hires Shane Farley As EP; Sets Premiere Date