Most people know Las Vegas casinos are relentless when it comes to making people pay up. Everyone, it seems, but David Bergstein. Not only has he stiffed filmmakers around the world, but the moron stiffed Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino for $950,000 in gambling markers. After the casino won a legal judgment against him that required Bergstein to appear for a Debtor’s Examination, Bergstein sent his lawyer Monday and didn’t show up himself as the judge instructed (he was also a no-show in hearings that led a bankruptcy court judge to install a trustee to wrest control of the troubled asset of Bergstein-owned Capitol Films, ThinkFilms and other companies). The judge was unamused by Bergstein’s absence and sent a sheriff with a warrant for his arrest, issued from the bench by the judge.
From Bankruptcy Court To Bench Warrant: Now Bergstein Owes $$$ To Vegas Casino
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- MTV Classic Launch: Details About VH1 Classic’s Rebranding & New Lineup
- VH1 & Ice Cube Partner On Hip Hop Version Of ‘Hollywood Squares’
- Stephen Colbert Enlists John Oliver’s Help In ‘Fight Song’ Parody
- Turkey PM Recep Ergdodan Cracks Down On Media Following Failed Coup
- Stephen Colbert Intros Identical Twin Cousin & ‘The Werd’
- CBS Raises Dividend And Stock Buybacks Ahead Of Q2 Earnings Report