EXCLUSIVE: In a last-minute recasting, Sara Fletcher has been tapped as the female lead on Josh Schwartz’s comedy pilot for CBS Hitched. Fletcher replaces Smallville alumna Kristin Kreuk, who was originally cast in the role. The switch was made Wednesday, just before the multicamera pilot’s table read. Kreuk starred on two drama series, including her star-making turn on Smallville, and she was wonderful in an arc on Schwartz’s NBC dramedy Chuck this season but she has never done a half-hour sitcom, which requires very particular skills and comedic timing. Ultimately, Hitched proved not a good fit for her. The pilot, which Schwartz co-wrote with Matt Miller, centers on a newlywed couple, Rachel (Fletcher) and Brett (Jack Carpenter), dealing with their family and friends. The cast of Hitched also include comedy veterans Eugene Levy, Kurtwood Smith and Sharon Lawrence as the couple’s parents. Fletcher, who starred on Comedy Central’s My Secret Girlfriend, is with Gersh and Schachter Entertainment.
Actresses Switched By CBS On 'Hitched'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Andreeva
- Networks Scale Back, Bet On Remakes & Medical Dramas This Development Season
- Joe Bastianich To Depart 'MasterChef' Franchise
- Joel McHale To Produce E! Pilot About Snarky Web Comments
- Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
- Viola Davis & Debra Martin Chase Produce Drama Based On Prosecutor Kym Worthy
- Parminder Nagra & Jessalyn Gilsig To Co-Star In 'Evil Men' USA Pilot