EXCLUSIVE: In a last-minute recasting, Sara Fletcher has been tapped as the female lead on Josh Schwartz’s comedy pilot for CBS Hitched. Fletcher replaces Smallville alumna Kristin Kreuk, who was originally cast in the role. The switch was made Wednesday, just before the multicamera pilot’s table read. Kreuk starred on two drama series, including her star-making turn on Smallville, and she was wonderful in an arc on Schwartz’s NBC dramedy Chuck this season but she has never done a half-hour sitcom, which requires very particular skills and comedic timing. Ultimately, Hitched proved not a good fit for her. The pilot, which Schwartz co-wrote with Matt Miller, centers on a newlywed couple, Rachel (Fletcher) and Brett (Jack Carpenter), dealing with their family and friends. The cast of Hitched also include comedy veterans Eugene Levy, Kurtwood Smith and Sharon Lawrence as the couple’s parents. Fletcher, who starred on Comedy Central’s My Secret Girlfriend, is with Gersh and Schachter Entertainment.
Actresses Switched By CBS On 'Hitched'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations