EXCLUSIVE: In a last-minute recasting, Sara Fletcher has been tapped as the female lead on Josh Schwartz’s comedy pilot for CBS Hitched. Fletcher replaces Smallville alumna Kristin Kreuk, who was originally cast in the role. The switch was made Wednesday, just before the multicamera pilot’s table read. Kreuk starred on two drama series, including her star-making turn on Smallville, and she was wonderful in an arc on Schwartz’s NBC dramedy Chuck this season but she has never done a half-hour sitcom, which requires very particular skills and comedic timing. Ultimately, Hitched proved not a good fit for her. The pilot, which Schwartz co-wrote with Matt Miller, centers on a newlywed couple, Rachel (Fletcher) and Brett (Jack Carpenter), dealing with their family and friends. The cast of Hitched also include comedy veterans Eugene Levy, Kurtwood Smith and Sharon Lawrence as the couple’s parents. Fletcher, who starred on Comedy Central’s My Secret Girlfriend, is with Gersh and Schachter Entertainment.
Actresses Switched By CBS On 'Hitched'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest TV News
- ‘Jane the Virgin’ Finale’: Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, ‘Dallas’-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5 & Show’s…
- UTA Promotes Eight To Agent Status
- Imagine Entertainment Not Filling CEO Role After Charlie Corwin Exit, “Invested In Him Going Forward”
- WGA Seeks To Reshape Talent Agency Business With Proposal For New Deal
- Kim Jong-un Makes U-Turn Ahead Of Donald Trump Sit-Down; POTUS Tweets Victory Lap
- Tracey Martin & Sybrina Fulton, Parents Of Trayvon Martin, Hope To Effect Change With ‘Rest In Power’ — Tribeca…