EXCLUSIVE: In a last-minute recasting, Sara Fletcher has been tapped as the female lead on Josh Schwartz’s comedy pilot for CBS Hitched. Fletcher replaces Smallville alumna Kristin Kreuk, who was originally cast in the role. The switch was made Wednesday, just before the multicamera pilot’s table read. Kreuk starred on two drama series, including her star-making turn on Smallville, and she was wonderful in an arc on Schwartz’s NBC dramedy Chuck this season but she has never done a half-hour sitcom, which requires very particular skills and comedic timing. Ultimately, Hitched proved not a good fit for her. The pilot, which Schwartz co-wrote with Matt Miller, centers on a newlywed couple, Rachel (Fletcher) and Brett (Jack Carpenter), dealing with their family and friends. The cast of Hitched also include comedy veterans Eugene Levy, Kurtwood Smith and Sharon Lawrence as the couple’s parents. Fletcher, who starred on Comedy Central’s My Secret Girlfriend, is with Gersh and Schachter Entertainment.
Actresses Switched By CBS On 'Hitched'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest TV News
- ‘Second Chance’ Trailer: Basically The Six Million Dollar Scrooge
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- Frank Gifford’s Family Donating His Brain To Medical Research After CTE Diagnosis
- NY Supreme Court Postpones Decision On Plea To Bar DraftKings And FanDuel
- ‘Animals’ Animated Comedy From Duplass Brothers Gets HBO Premiere Date