EXCLUSIVE: Season 2 of HBO’s Eastbound & Down is coming together. The setting for the underrated comedy starring Danny McBride will move from North Carolina to Mexico, with Michael Pena and Ana de la Reguera joining as new regulars. In the first season finale, former professional baseball pitcher Kenny Powers (McBride) quit his physical ed teaching job for an offer to join the Tampa Bay Rays but, after the offer fell through, he dumped his girlfriend and was last seen driving away with a worried look on his face. In Season 2, hiding from his problems, Kenny finds himself in Mexico where he joins a local baseball team. Crash co-star Pena will play Kenny’s friend and owner of the baseball team he joins. De la Reguera will play Kenny’s love interest in Mexico. Because of the new setting, most of the cast members from Season 1 of the show will have little or no presence next season with the exception of Steve Little whose character Stevie Janowski will track Danny down in Mexico. Casting is underway for the role of Kenny’s father. Production on Season 2 will start next month in Puerto Rico, which will stand in for Mexico. Mexican-born De la Reguera co-starred on another project set in Mexico, the 2006 feature Nacho Libre, as well as the recent release Cop Out.
'Eastbound & Down' Heads to Mexico For Season 2, Taps New Regulars
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ESPN To Lay Off About 100 Employees Including On-Air Personalities And Writers
- ‘The Tick’ Gets August Premiere Date On Amazon
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: NBC Teams With Youku For Localized Version In China
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- ‘Prison Break’ Revival Kills Off Major Character
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’