EXCLUSIVE: Season 2 of HBO’s Eastbound & Down is coming together. The setting for the underrated comedy starring Danny McBride will move from North Carolina to Mexico, with Michael Pena and Ana de la Reguera joining as new regulars. In the first season finale, former professional baseball pitcher Kenny Powers (McBride) quit his physical ed teaching job for an offer to join the Tampa Bay Rays but, after the offer fell through, he dumped his girlfriend and was last seen driving away with a worried look on his face. In Season 2, hiding from his problems, Kenny finds himself in Mexico where he joins a local baseball team. Crash co-star Pena will play Kenny’s friend and owner of the baseball team he joins. De la Reguera will play Kenny’s love interest in Mexico. Because of the new setting, most of the cast members from Season 1 of the show will have little or no presence next season with the exception of Steve Little whose character Stevie Janowski will track Danny down in Mexico. Casting is underway for the role of Kenny’s father. Production on Season 2 will start next month in Puerto Rico, which will stand in for Mexico. Mexican-born De la Reguera co-starred on another project set in Mexico, the 2006 feature Nacho Libre, as well as the recent release Cop Out.
'Eastbound & Down' Heads to Mexico For Season 2, Taps New Regulars
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'