EXCLUSIVE: Season 2 of HBO’s Eastbound & Down is coming together. The setting for the underrated comedy starring Danny McBride will move from North Carolina to Mexico, with Michael Pena and Ana de la Reguera joining as new regulars. In the first season finale, former professional baseball pitcher Kenny Powers (McBride) quit his physical ed teaching job for an offer to join the Tampa Bay Rays but, after the offer fell through, he dumped his girlfriend and was last seen driving away with a worried look on his face. In Season 2, hiding from his problems, Kenny finds himself in Mexico where he joins a local baseball team. Crash co-star Pena will play Kenny’s friend and owner of the baseball team he joins. De la Reguera will play Kenny’s love interest in Mexico. Because of the new setting, most of the cast members from Season 1 of the show will have little or no presence next season with the exception of Steve Little whose character Stevie Janowski will track Danny down in Mexico. Casting is underway for the role of Kenny’s father. Production on Season 2 will start next month in Puerto Rico, which will stand in for Mexico. Mexican-born De la Reguera co-starred on another project set in Mexico, the 2006 feature Nacho Libre, as well as the recent release Cop Out.
'Eastbound & Down' Heads to Mexico For Season 2, Taps New Regulars
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Adds ‘Harry Potter’ Alum Christian Coulson As Recurring
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Teams With ‘The McCarthys’ Creator For ABC Hotel Comedy Based On Her Experiences
- Nielsen Set To Measure Out-Of-Home TV Viewing For First Time
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race