EXCLUSIVE: Debra Winger is negotiating to play a regular role in the third series of the HBO dramatic series In Treatment. She will play a patient of Gabriel Byrne’s psychotherapist character Paul. She’s a former big star who is battling insecurity and fear about her career. There is no deal yet, but I hear it’s going to happen. Winger is very selective about jobs, and this one was made easier by the fact that the show, which originated in Los Angeles, now shoots in New York. Winger last appeared in a regular series role when she played Wonder Girl in the Lynda Carter series Wonder Woman in 1976-77, long before her starring roles in films like Terms of Endearment, An Officer and a Gentleman and Urban Cowboy.
Debra Winger Circles HBO 'In Treatment'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Comic-Con: ‘The Expanse’ Taps ‘Lost’ Alum Elizabeth Mitchell For Recurring Role, Unveils New Trailer
- Los Angeles Area Emmys: KCET Leads Field; Spanish-Language Outlets Close Behind
- ‘The Flash’ Season 4 Trailer: Get Ready For A New-Look Team Flash On The CW
- Jake Paul Exits Disney Channel Series ‘Bizaardvark’
- ‘Arrow’: ‘Lost’ Star Michael Emerson To Recur In Season 6; David Nykl Returns, Watch Trailer…
- Comic-Con: ‘Midnight, Texas’ Creator Charlaine Harris “Trusts The Integrity” Of NBC Adaptation