Already on The Early Show, CBS anchor Julie Chen is eyeing yet another day job. Chen, who is married to CBS Corp honcho Les Moonves, is slated as a panelist along with actress Sara Gilbert on a pilot for a View-type CBS daytime panel talk show, which will film in May. Tom Forman, the Extreme Makeover creator and now CEO of Relativity Real, will exec produce with Gersh-repped Gilbert. The pilot is among several, including reboots of classic game shows Pyramid and Password, which are in the running to replace departing CBS daytime drama As the Word Turns. The new talk-show pilot will discuss topical matters through the eyes of mothers. The search is on for two more regular panelists as well as contributors is underway. First mention of this pilot was in the NY Post.
CBS Daytime Talk Show With Julie Chen May Replace 'As The World Turns'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
Latest TV News
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3
- Rebecca Eaton Explains How To Get BBC To Tackle Quintessentially American ‘Little Women’ – TCA
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Canceled After Two Seasons
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Review: Tangled Tale Falls Out Of Fashion
- Media Content Wars Will Require Both Scale And Reach; “A Brand Only Gets You So Far” — NATPE