Conan O’Brien is returning to TV via CBS’ 60 Minutes whose Steve Kroft has landed the first interview with the former Tonight Show host. It’s already been taped and will air on Sunday, May 2. That’s a day after O’Brien’s ban on giving interviews under his exit deal with NBC is lifted. He still won’t be able to disparage his former employer but O’Brien “flirts with the restrictions”, Kroft told The New York Times. O’Brien has already done that with some pointed jokes on his comedy tour, including referring to the NBC compound in Universal City as the place where “bad ideas are being greenlit”. 60 Minutes won’t make the transcript of the interview available until Sunday.
Conan On '60 Minutes': Set Your DVRs
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate