Conan O’Brien is returning to TV via CBS’ 60 Minutes whose Steve Kroft has landed the first interview with the former Tonight Show host. It’s already been taped and will air on Sunday, May 2. That’s a day after O’Brien’s ban on giving interviews under his exit deal with NBC is lifted. He still won’t be able to disparage his former employer but O’Brien “flirts with the restrictions”, Kroft told The New York Times. O’Brien has already done that with some pointed jokes on his comedy tour, including referring to the NBC compound in Universal City as the place where “bad ideas are being greenlit”. 60 Minutes won’t make the transcript of the interview available until Sunday.
Conan On '60 Minutes': Set Your DVRs
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order