Conan O’Brien is returning to TV via CBS’ 60 Minutes whose Steve Kroft has landed the first interview with the former Tonight Show host. It’s already been taped and will air on Sunday, May 2. That’s a day after O’Brien’s ban on giving interviews under his exit deal with NBC is lifted. He still won’t be able to disparage his former employer but O’Brien “flirts with the restrictions”, Kroft told The New York Times. O’Brien has already done that with some pointed jokes on his comedy tour, including referring to the NBC compound in Universal City as the place where “bad ideas are being greenlit”. 60 Minutes won’t make the transcript of the interview available until Sunday.
Conan On '60 Minutes': Set Your DVRs
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Simon Cowell Makes U.S. TV Return As A Kinder, Gentler ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judge
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?