Yes, the agents are leaving their Century City marble mausoleum for Ojai starting tomorrow because it’s retreat time. For the next few days, the scheduled speakers include tennis star Andre Agassi (who can give a how-to lecture about lying to the public to cover up a year’s worth of crystal meth addiction), Universal Studios COO/president Ron Meyer (who can provide a blow-by-blow account about making a year of money-losing movies), and Tom Cruise (who can discuss what it’s like to disappear into the witness protection program after losing his career and his studio). But if CAA truly wished to look inward, it would ask one of its own male agents — maybe Mike Nilon? — to discuss the pitfalls of dating actresses. The toppers at this agency have a history of coupling with clients (Bryan Lourd and Carrie Fisher, Richard Lovett and Kristy Swanson). And now it’s considered acceptable behavior at CAA given the openness of current relationships between John Campisi and Hilary Swank, and Jim Toth and Reese Witherspoon. Mixing business and romance can be a dangerous combination in Hollywood — not to mention a messy lawsuit.
CAA Retreating… With Tom Cruise
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- NBCU And Snap Inc. Launch Digital Studio With Lauren Anderson Heading Content
- Jimmy Kimmel Returns To Brooklyn, Vowing To Be “As Artisanal As It Gets”
- Trevor Noah Probes Chicago Murder Rate To Kick Off ‘The Daily Show’ Windy City Week
- Univision Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS In Carriage Dispute
- John Dunsworth Dies: The ‘Trailer Park Boys’ Actor Was 71