Broadway will be well represented on the musical front in 2011. Add Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, which is casting up for a March opening, most likely at the Richard Rodgers Theatre on W. 46th Street. I’m told that West Side Story’s Matt Cavenaugh is in talks to play Adam/Felicia, the role played by Guy Pearce in the 1994 film, with Hair’s Will Swenson in talks to play Tick/Mitzy, the role played onscreen by Hugo Weaving. Tony Sheldon will play Bernadette, the role originated onscreen by Terence Stamp. The stage musical originated in Australia, with book by Stephan Elliott and Allan Scott. Sheldon opened the show and will stay with the show until Broadway, as will director Simon Phillips. Add that to How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, with Daniel Radcliffe, and The Book Of Mormon, which Deadline New York told you about Tuesday. That is the Broadway musical debut of South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, who wrote the book and music with Avenue Q’s Bobby Lopez.
Broadway Tapping With Tuners Next March
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction