Broadway will be well represented on the musical front in 2011. Add Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, which is casting up for a March opening, most likely at the Richard Rodgers Theatre on W. 46th Street. I’m told that West Side Story’s Matt Cavenaugh is in talks to play Adam/Felicia, the role played by Guy Pearce in the 1994 film, with Hair’s Will Swenson in talks to play Tick/Mitzy, the role played onscreen by Hugo Weaving. Tony Sheldon will play Bernadette, the role originated onscreen by Terence Stamp. The stage musical originated in Australia, with book by Stephan Elliott and Allan Scott. Sheldon opened the show and will stay with the show until Broadway, as will director Simon Phillips. Add that to How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, with Daniel Radcliffe, and The Book Of Mormon, which Deadline New York told you about Tuesday. That is the Broadway musical debut of South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, who wrote the book and music with Avenue Q’s Bobby Lopez.
Broadway Tapping With Tuners Next March
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start