Darren Aronofsky and Rachel Weisz are mobilizing Jackie, a drama scripted by TV producer Noah Oppenheim drama. It would cast Weisz (who is Aronofsky’s offscreen partner) as Jackie Kennedy in the immediate aftermath of the assassination of her husband, President JFK. The project is being packaged and shopped by CAA, which is in the process of lining up financing. Oscar-winner Weisz certainly has the chops to play the iconic former First Lady. The project surfaced recently amid a report that Steven Spielberg would be involved, but I can tell you that he isn’t part of the package at this point. Aronofsky (The Wrestler) will produce with Protozoa partner Scott Franklin. We’ll stay tuned to see if anybody bites on this one. The move comes as Hyperion acquired a collection of seven interviews that Kennedy Onassis did with Arthur Schlesinger Jr. in 1964 about her time in the White House. The book will be published in 2011.
Can Rachel Weisz Pull Off 'Jackie' Pic?
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While "Panderer To White Nationalists" He Worked For Still There
Universal $3B+ As 'Despicable' Franchise Takes Ani Crown; 'Wolf Warrior 2' Bests 'Avatar' Record - International Box Office
Scott Rudin Will Bring Denzel Washington Back To Broadway For 'The Iceman Cometh' Staged By George C. Wolfe
Latest TV News
- John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While “Panderer To White Nationalists” He Worked For Still There
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Director On Tonight’s Game Changing Icy Episode & Season 8
- Apple Music’s ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Rocks To New ‘Game Of Thrones’ Opening
- Why ‘Hairspray Live!’ Costume Designer Mary Vogt Encouraged Her Dancers To Rip Their Clothes
- Hollywood Remembers Jerry Lewis: Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, Sandra Bernhard Honor King Of Comedy
- Jerry Lewis Dies: Comedy Legend, Classic Filmmaker Was 91