Darren Aronofsky and Rachel Weisz are mobilizing Jackie, a drama scripted by TV producer Noah Oppenheim drama. It would cast Weisz (who is Aronofsky’s offscreen partner) as Jackie Kennedy in the immediate aftermath of the assassination of her husband, President JFK. The project is being packaged and shopped by CAA, which is in the process of lining up financing. Oscar-winner Weisz certainly has the chops to play the iconic former First Lady. The project surfaced recently amid a report that Steven Spielberg would be involved, but I can tell you that he isn’t part of the package at this point. Aronofsky (The Wrestler) will produce with Protozoa partner Scott Franklin. We’ll stay tuned to see if anybody bites on this one. The move comes as Hyperion acquired a collection of seven interviews that Kennedy Onassis did with Arthur Schlesinger Jr. in 1964 about her time in the White House. The book will be published in 2011.
Can Rachel Weisz Pull Off 'Jackie' Pic?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest TV News
- ‘Second Chance’ Trailer: Basically The Six Million Dollar Scrooge
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- Frank Gifford’s Family Donating His Brain To Medical Research After CTE Diagnosis
- NY Supreme Court Postpones Decision On Plea To Bar DraftKings And FanDuel
- ‘Animals’ Animated Comedy From Duplass Brothers Gets HBO Premiere Date