Darren Aronofsky and Rachel Weisz are mobilizing Jackie, a drama scripted by TV producer Noah Oppenheim drama. It would cast Weisz (who is Aronofsky’s offscreen partner) as Jackie Kennedy in the immediate aftermath of the assassination of her husband, President JFK. The project is being packaged and shopped by CAA, which is in the process of lining up financing. Oscar-winner Weisz certainly has the chops to play the iconic former First Lady. The project surfaced recently amid a report that Steven Spielberg would be involved, but I can tell you that he isn’t part of the package at this point. Aronofsky (The Wrestler) will produce with Protozoa partner Scott Franklin. We’ll stay tuned to see if anybody bites on this one. The move comes as Hyperion acquired a collection of seven interviews that Kennedy Onassis did with Arthur Schlesinger Jr. in 1964 about her time in the White House. The book will be published in 2011.
Can Rachel Weisz Pull Off 'Jackie' Pic?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Young & Hungry' Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other Details Revealed
Alamo Drafthouse Chief Tim League Shares Ideas For Gender-Neutral Restrooms At Austin Theater Location
Latest TV News
- Brand Exec Marissa Klaff Joins Brillstein Entertainment Partners As Manager
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With UTA
- ‘NCIS’ Showrunner Gary Glasberg Inks New Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- ‘The Voice’ & ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Finale Ratings Fall From 2015, NBA Playoffs Score With…
- ‘BoJack Horseman’ Season 3 Gets Premiere Date On Netflix
- Spike TV Eyes First Game Show Series