Darren Aronofsky and Rachel Weisz are mobilizing Jackie, a drama scripted by TV producer Noah Oppenheim drama. It would cast Weisz (who is Aronofsky’s offscreen partner) as Jackie Kennedy in the immediate aftermath of the assassination of her husband, President JFK. The project is being packaged and shopped by CAA, which is in the process of lining up financing. Oscar-winner Weisz certainly has the chops to play the iconic former First Lady. The project surfaced recently amid a report that Steven Spielberg would be involved, but I can tell you that he isn’t part of the package at this point. Aronofsky (The Wrestler) will produce with Protozoa partner Scott Franklin. We’ll stay tuned to see if anybody bites on this one. The move comes as Hyperion acquired a collection of seven interviews that Kennedy Onassis did with Arthur Schlesinger Jr. in 1964 about her time in the White House. The book will be published in 2011.
Can Rachel Weisz Pull Off 'Jackie' Pic?
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Dog Supplier & Handler Issues Statement As Tracking For Film Stalls; PETA Responds - Update
Latest TV News
- CBS Orders Crime Drama Pilot Starring Alan Cumming, Craig Turk Legal Drama
- SAG-AFTRA Gets Big Win In Campaign To Unionize Telemundo
- NBC Orders Comedy Pilot From Seth Meyers, Mike O’Brien & Lorne Michaels
- Can Sundance Love Save Sitcom ‘Downward Dog’ From Summer
- ‘Star’: Missy Elliott & Rickey Smiley To Guest Star On Lee Daniels’ Fox Series
- SAG Awards Presenters: Rashida Jones, Steven Yeun, ‘Stranger Things’ Cast & Others Join