Darren Aronofsky and Rachel Weisz are mobilizing Jackie, a drama scripted by TV producer Noah Oppenheim drama. It would cast Weisz (who is Aronofsky’s offscreen partner) as Jackie Kennedy in the immediate aftermath of the assassination of her husband, President JFK. The project is being packaged and shopped by CAA, which is in the process of lining up financing. Oscar-winner Weisz certainly has the chops to play the iconic former First Lady. The project surfaced recently amid a report that Steven Spielberg would be involved, but I can tell you that he isn’t part of the package at this point. Aronofsky (The Wrestler) will produce with Protozoa partner Scott Franklin. We’ll stay tuned to see if anybody bites on this one. The move comes as Hyperion acquired a collection of seven interviews that Kennedy Onassis did with Arthur Schlesinger Jr. in 1964 about her time in the White House. The book will be published in 2011.
Can Rachel Weisz Pull Off 'Jackie' Pic?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date
- Geraldo Rivera Sits Down With El Chapo Gal Pal Kate Del Castillo On Saturday
- AOL To Open Studio For Live Virtual Reality Productions In NYC – Newfront