Paramount Pictures is jumping into the 3D fray. The studio will convert the M. Night Shyamalan-directed The Last Airbender into 3D, using Stereo D, the company that worked on James Cameron’s Avatar. Release date will remain July 2. Get used to those 3D glasses, is the message, here, I guess. Shyamalan is pretty particular about his movies, so he must be sold on the conversion process. I still need to see more conversions to be sold on them. I attended the Tribeca Festival premiere of Shrek Forever After, the DreamWorks Animation film that was conceived in 3D. I found the 3D aspects of the film to be absolutely thrilling. It absolutely enhanced the razor sharp computer animation. 3D conversions have a lot to live up to, but at the same time, the enhancement to the box office revenues of Clash of the Titans was undeniable. Insiders say the conversion will cost Paramount between $5M to $10M, which is likely money that will be recouped — at an extra 3 bucks a ticket.
Paramount And M. Night Shyamalan Make 'Airbender' Into 3D Conversion
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest TV News
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem
- ‘SNL’ Vs Al Franken: Weekend Update Takes On A Former Writer
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2