Paramount Pictures is jumping into the 3D fray. The studio will convert the M. Night Shyamalan-directed The Last Airbender into 3D, using Stereo D, the company that worked on James Cameron’s Avatar. Release date will remain July 2. Get used to those 3D glasses, is the message, here, I guess. Shyamalan is pretty particular about his movies, so he must be sold on the conversion process. I still need to see more conversions to be sold on them. I attended the Tribeca Festival premiere of Shrek Forever After, the DreamWorks Animation film that was conceived in 3D. I found the 3D aspects of the film to be absolutely thrilling. It absolutely enhanced the razor sharp computer animation. 3D conversions have a lot to live up to, but at the same time, the enhancement to the box office revenues of Clash of the Titans was undeniable. Insiders say the conversion will cost Paramount between $5M to $10M, which is likely money that will be recouped — at an extra 3 bucks a ticket.
Paramount And M. Night Shyamalan Make 'Airbender' Into 3D Conversion
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest TV News
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars