New Regency is partnering with Summit Entertainment on The Darkest Hour, a 28 Days-like thriller about a group of kids struggling to survive in Russia after an alien invasion. Director is Chris Gorak, who made his directing debut on Right At Your Door, about the aftermath of a terrorist attack in L.A. that unleashes a deadly toxic cloud. Timur Bekmambetov is producing with Tom Jacobson. Summit will distribute domestic and New Regency and Fox International has foreign. The film will shoot June in Russia, where Bekmambetov has his own facilities for production and visual effects. Gorak, a UTA client, rewrote script by Les Bohem and Jon Spaihts.
Regency, Summit Unleash Darkest Hour
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount