New Regency is partnering with Summit Entertainment on The Darkest Hour, a 28 Days-like thriller about a group of kids struggling to survive in Russia after an alien invasion. Director is Chris Gorak, who made his directing debut on Right At Your Door, about the aftermath of a terrorist attack in L.A. that unleashes a deadly toxic cloud. Timur Bekmambetov is producing with Tom Jacobson. Summit will distribute domestic and New Regency and Fox International has foreign. The film will shoot June in Russia, where Bekmambetov has his own facilities for production and visual effects. Gorak, a UTA client, rewrote script by Les Bohem and Jon Spaihts.
Regency, Summit Unleash Darkest Hour
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Fleming Jr
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'