I’m told Lionsgate has firmed John Singleton to direct Taylor Lautner in Abduction, the Shawn Christensen-scripted thriller that was bought at auction in January. Production will begin July in Pittsburgh. This firms Lautner’s next film, which he’ll shoot before returning for the final two Twilight installments. He plays a youth who discovers the parents who raised him aren’t his real folks, a revelation that triggers events and leaves him running for his life.
Lionsgate, Singleton In 'Abduction' Deal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Skull Island:' Tom Hiddleston Stars In King Kong Origin Tale
- Skydance Productions Names Larry Wasserman CFO
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'