I’m told Lionsgate has firmed John Singleton to direct Taylor Lautner in Abduction, the Shawn Christensen-scripted thriller that was bought at auction in January. Production will begin July in Pittsburgh. This firms Lautner’s next film, which he’ll shoot before returning for the final two Twilight installments. He plays a youth who discovers the parents who raised him aren’t his real folks, a revelation that triggers events and leaves him running for his life.
Lionsgate, Singleton In 'Abduction' Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Homeland' Finale: 'Long Time Coming'
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance