I’m told Lionsgate has firmed John Singleton to direct Taylor Lautner in Abduction, the Shawn Christensen-scripted thriller that was bought at auction in January. Production will begin July in Pittsburgh. This firms Lautner’s next film, which he’ll shoot before returning for the final two Twilight installments. He plays a youth who discovers the parents who raised him aren’t his real folks, a revelation that triggers events and leaves him running for his life.
Lionsgate, Singleton In 'Abduction' Deal
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Jeremy Lovering To Helm Sony Horror Pic 'The Bringing,' Inspired By Cecil Hotel
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′