All over town, directors and studios are testing footage as they decide whether or not to go 3D. That included Jackass 3. From what I’m told, the filmmakers violated every rule that James Cameron set with Avatar, in which he used 3D to immerse an audience into his film, rather than sending projectiles out at the audience. Insiders say some of the footage displayed how Steve-O, Johnny Knoxville and cohorts doing their usual pratfalls, but the stunt that really won the day was called “The Heli-cockter.” One of the Jackass crew—I believe it was “Party Boy” Chris Pontius—tethered a remote control-operated helicopter to his penis, and sat there grinning as the copter swung in circles, flying out at the spectacle-wearing Paramount executives who green lit the film.
How 'Jackass' Threequel Got Its 3D Nod
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'