Before Tom Cruise chose Knight and Day as his follow-up to Valkyrie, he had every studio custom-tailoring as Cruise vehicles films that included the DreamWorks action film Motorcade, The Tourist (which rebounded as a Johnny Depp-Angelina Jolie vehicle), a teaming with Denzel Washington in the Robert Ludlum novel adaptation The Matarese Circle, the Suzanne Bier-directed romantic comedy Lost for Words, and the Warner Bros action film The 28th Amendment. Before Cruise and Cameron Diaz circled Knight and Day, I read a draft of the script when the producers were after Chris Tucker and Eva Mendes to play the leads and the film went by the titles Wichita and Trouble Man. I have to admit, the script back then had plot holes, that maybe got patched. Trailers never tell the whole story, but it looks like Cruise chose well. And with another Mission: Impossible film in the offing, will Cruise recapture his star standing?
Hot Trailer: Tom Cruise In 'Knight And Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance