Before Tom Cruise chose Knight and Day as his follow-up to Valkyrie, he had every studio custom-tailoring as Cruise vehicles films that included the DreamWorks action film Motorcade, The Tourist (which rebounded as a Johnny Depp-Angelina Jolie vehicle), a teaming with Denzel Washington in the Robert Ludlum novel adaptation The Matarese Circle, the Suzanne Bier-directed romantic comedy Lost for Words, and the Warner Bros action film The 28th Amendment. Before Cruise and Cameron Diaz circled Knight and Day, I read a draft of the script when the producers were after Chris Tucker and Eva Mendes to play the leads and the film went by the titles Wichita and Trouble Man. I have to admit, the script back then had plot holes, that maybe got patched. Trailers never tell the whole story, but it looks like Cruise chose well. And with another Mission: Impossible film in the offing, will Cruise recapture his star standing?
Hot Trailer: Tom Cruise In 'Knight And Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Gotti’ Trailer: John Travolta As The ‘Teflon Don’ Who Showed The World Who’s Boss
- Aidan Gillen, Tom Hollander Join Freddie Mercury Biopic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- Barry Dennen Dies: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’s Pilate And Barbra Streisand Mentor Was 79
- Chloe Castellón & Ridgeway Wilson Set To Adapt Universal’s ‘City Of Saints & Thieves', Melina…
- Oscars: Italy Enters Scorsese-Shepherded ‘A Ciambra’ In Foreign Language Race
- Emily Mortimer To Star Opposite Gary Oldman In Supernatural Thriller ‘Mary’