Before Tom Cruise chose Knight and Day as his follow-up to Valkyrie, he had every studio custom-tailoring as Cruise vehicles films that included the DreamWorks action film Motorcade, The Tourist (which rebounded as a Johnny Depp-Angelina Jolie vehicle), a teaming with Denzel Washington in the Robert Ludlum novel adaptation The Matarese Circle, the Suzanne Bier-directed romantic comedy Lost for Words, and the Warner Bros action film The 28th Amendment. Before Cruise and Cameron Diaz circled Knight and Day, I read a draft of the script when the producers were after Chris Tucker and Eva Mendes to play the leads and the film went by the titles Wichita and Trouble Man. I have to admit, the script back then had plot holes, that maybe got patched. Trailers never tell the whole story, but it looks like Cruise chose well. And with another Mission: Impossible film in the offing, will Cruise recapture his star standing?
Hot Trailer: Tom Cruise In 'Knight And Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- Will Ferrell Not “Pursuing” ‘Reagan’ Black List Film After All
- Marc Platt To Bring Sega’s ‘Shinobi’ To Big Screen
- Oscar-Winning Cinematographer Robert Richardson Inks With WME