Before Tom Cruise chose Knight and Day as his follow-up to Valkyrie, he had every studio custom-tailoring as Cruise vehicles films that included the DreamWorks action film Motorcade, The Tourist (which rebounded as a Johnny Depp-Angelina Jolie vehicle), a teaming with Denzel Washington in the Robert Ludlum novel adaptation The Matarese Circle, the Suzanne Bier-directed romantic comedy Lost for Words, and the Warner Bros action film The 28th Amendment. Before Cruise and Cameron Diaz circled Knight and Day, I read a draft of the script when the producers were after Chris Tucker and Eva Mendes to play the leads and the film went by the titles Wichita and Trouble Man. I have to admit, the script back then had plot holes, that maybe got patched. Trailers never tell the whole story, but it looks like Cruise chose well. And with another Mission: Impossible film in the offing, will Cruise recapture his star standing?
Hot Trailer: Tom Cruise In 'Knight And Day'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
Latest Film News
- Catalyst Global Media Producing Film Version Of ‘Pink Mist’
- ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Secures China Release Date
- Mark Wahlberg & Peter Berg On Making ‘Patriots Day’ & The Film’s Message – The…
- ‘Lady Macbeth’ Trailer: Period Drama About Forbidden Lovers & Revenge Gets Release Date
- Will Arnett To Star In Open Road’s ‘Show Dogs’
- Sundance 2017: Donald Trump’s America, Kristen Stewart & Punk Rock Fill Short Films Slate