Don’t believe the rumors. Akiva Goldsman won’t be directing Paranormal Activity 2, but he has boarded the project. Goldsman became executive producer and is helping to flesh out the sequel story with the producing team of Oren Peli, Jason Blum and Steven Schneider. The directing job will be filled soon as the film moves toward a May production start. It became an open directing assignment when Twisted Pictures and Lionsgate removed Kevin Greutert from Paranormal 2 by exercising an option it held on the Saw VI director. Greutert suddenly became director of Saw 3D, a move that happened right after Paramount declared that Paranormal Activity 2 would open opposite Saw 3D on October 22.
Akiva Goldsman's To Haunt 'Paranormal Activity 2' – But Not As Director
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction