Don’t believe the rumors. Akiva Goldsman won’t be directing Paranormal Activity 2, but he has boarded the project. Goldsman became executive producer and is helping to flesh out the sequel story with the producing team of Oren Peli, Jason Blum and Steven Schneider. The directing job will be filled soon as the film moves toward a May production start. It became an open directing assignment when Twisted Pictures and Lionsgate removed Kevin Greutert from Paranormal 2 by exercising an option it held on the Saw VI director. Greutert suddenly became director of Saw 3D, a move that happened right after Paramount declared that Paranormal Activity 2 would open opposite Saw 3D on October 22.
Akiva Goldsman's To Haunt 'Paranormal Activity 2' – But Not As Director
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Fleming Jr
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'